“Awesome theater!!!”

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Awesome theater!!!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

In Tuesdays every movie is only $5!! Which is pretty amazing, because the theaters have super comfy red, leather recliners. So comfortable and clean.

Visited July 2014

Dayton, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC Theater!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I were in Columbus this weekend and saw a couple of movies at the Marcus Theater--WOW, what an incredible place!!! I've been to theaters all over the country (and some outside the country); I believe the combination of the screen(s), sound, recliners, cleanliness, staff and reservation process makes it the finest movie-going experience I've ever had. I would HIGHLY recommend this place!

The first movie we saw (Lucy) was on the big Ultrascreen DLX. The screen is huge and the experience is amazing. It's a movie lover's dream. I honestly don't know how a movie experience could be better.

The second movie we saw (Hercules) was in one of their "regular" theaters. I used the quotes because, even though it's not their marquee theater, it's still fantastic, and far better than my local choices. This regular theater had the same type of big, comfortable recliners that were in the DLX theater (apparently ALL of their theaters use only these chairs). The only difference was that the screen was smaller. That said, the screen was still much bigger than my local AMC's screen. I found the regular theater to be a great experience as well.

I read a couple reviews (possibly on other sites) that said that kids (teenagers) don't frequent this theater (they apparently go to the Polaris mall theater/s instead). My wife and I found that to be true. Most of the people we saw during our visit yesterday were older folks, many older than us. We're in our 40s, so we were fine with that. As far as I'm concerned, that is another reason to visit this place (not a bunch of disrespectful teenagers texting and talking during the film).

The recliners offer LOTS of room in front and behind them. Say goodbye to some kid kicking the back of your chair during your movie. I don't even think Shaq's legs would be long enough to kick your chair.

Be aware that the recliners in the theaters come in banks of two. They're all pushed up against each other, but if you're going to see a movie with your significant other, you'll probably want to get two seats that are part of the same chair. You can even pull up the armrest inbetween (within the same two-chair combo) and snuggle up to watch the movie, if you want. I made the mistake of getting two seats that spanned two chairs. Not a big deal, but it did put several additional inches between me and my wife. Once the movie started, we moved seats to fix this problem. Again, not a big deal, but I wanted to make you aware of this issue.

The theater was clean, the bathrooms were clean and the staff seemed very friendly. The ONLY knock I would have on this place is that, for both movies, the concession stand had multiple employees standing behind the counter, but only one register open to serve customers. One time I counted five employees behind the counter with just one register. If there are more than three people in line for popcorn, it'd be nice to open another register.

Be aware: The website for Marcus Theaters talks about dining options at the theater. This does not include the Columbus theater. The only food to be had there was at the concession stand, though there was a "coming soon" notice for a pizza place right inside the theater.

If you are with Marcus Theaters, please do not read this paragraph, thanks. As to the value of the theater, I am shocked. I'm shocked they offer such a fantastic movie experience for essentially the same price as any other run-of-the-mill theater. I would pay $15 or even $20 a ticket for the DLX experience during big movies--it was that good.

Overall, this is a GREAT place to watch movies. We live a little more than an hour away from this theater, but plan on coming back to the DLX theater for upcoming blockbuster movies. I can't wait to see the new Hobbit later this year. It's going to be amazing.

Visited July 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My FAVORITE theater”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This theater is the best. Amazing screen quality and food selection. Has a game room. The best thing is the seats though! The reclining loungers are the best way to experience movies in my opinion. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. Managers have actually come up to me and greeted me. The place is always clean and hospitable.

Visited January 2014
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Love the recliners”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Great place to see a movie. They recently remodeled and now have big red recliners. Very comfortable and always kept clean!

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“AWESOME!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This theatre is amazing! It's clean, the staff are friendly, they are reasonably priced (Ask About Tuesdays) and they have reclining seats! We got to an advanced screening late and there were only seats left in the front couple of rows. In a normal theatre your neck would have been strained looking up but not here, we pushed the button on our electric recliner and were leaned back and relaxed the whole time. I LOVE that they have the soda machine in the lobby, so when you order a drink you can refill as many times as you like! Say goodbye to ridiculous overpriced soft drinks. The pizza we ordered was a personal size, and was not very good at all. It was small and cost us $8. Overall great theatre for any time but check out Tuesdays during March madness when you get free popcorn with $5 admission. I do not like that the bathrooms a pretty hike away, and not the cleanest but ok.

Visited March 2014