“What a find”

Katalina's
Ranked #26 of 2,243 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Katalina's is a local favorite-five-star food with a Latin twist in a diner atmosphere. Breakfast, brunch, and lunch 8a-3p every day. See our current menu on our website!
Columbus, Ohio
“What a find”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stumbled upon Katalina's. Reminded me of some of the amazing alternative eateries that Denver has. Love the local/organic theme. Had the veggie tacos. Can't wait to come back and try the all day breakfast options. Very nice outdoor seating and a few indoor chairs as well.

Like another reviewer said, it is limited seating and I could see how there would be a wait, but I think it would be worth it.

• Visited May 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio
“W-O-W - Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I will echo what others have said: The menu is very creative - but in a fun and interesting way.

We stopped for breakfast on a Monday morning and besides some cranky patrons who aren't used to small places where people share tables, the vibe of the place was hip, cool, etc. You order and pay for your food first (aka you are in a line) and then someone will deliver it in short order.

Best breakfast tip is the Pancake Balls - just trust me and the thousands of others who order them... Delish! Will return to try lunch and some of the interesting items. All good, trust me!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank MarkandBetsy
Hilliard, Ohio
“GREAT Columbus Find!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We almost didn't stop because of the line out the door but the best decision we made WAS stopping. We waited in line for about 20 minutes max - so don't be alarmed if the line is out the door. It moves in a reasonable fashion. But more importantly, the food is absolutely worth the wait.
We stopped for breakfast so of course we had to get their infamous Pancake Balls with Nutella with a side of sweet & spicy bacon. Never had either and will plan in having both again soon! The pancake balls had Nutella filling - a nice surprise when you bite into it. The bacon had a nice taste burn the spiciness happens a few seconds after that bite - wow! Not overly spicy by any means but just enough to blend well with the sweetness.
We also tried the Malzatan Pork and Egg sandwich and that was sl delicious as well. I have a sense that one can't go wrong with anything on their menu.
Just be prepared for limited seating and a wait tinplate your order. It all works out though...we showed up with our two little kids and had a table ready by the time we placed our order.
Be sure to visit! It's well worth your time!

Beachwood, Ohio
“Great breakfast spot - limited seating - worth the wait!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Great food, a bit edgy.

The menu is very creative - but in a fun and interesting way - they are not out for shock value!

Eggs, burritos, pancake balls, juice, .... You name it and you will enjoy it. The servers and cashier are pleasant and friendly while working VERY hard. The place is crowded and people seem to feel that it's ok to reserve tables - even before they have ordered. That is an odd concept to me and I would have expected there to be a unspoken understanding that the line for ordering also serves as the line for the next available table. I may be showing my age!

I will most definitely return as I found a new favorite for my frequent visits to columbus.

There is ample parking and plenty of outdoor seating - during decent weather.

• Visited February 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Worth it”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The sandwiches are pricey, but they are definitely worth the $8-$10. I walk by this place and can smell them cooking everything fresh. Limited seating inside, but they have a patio. The breads are delicious, and the combination of flavors are well planned and work well together. I haven't really had many of the desserts, but they always look decadent. I have had every sandwich and can't say that there are any that I dislike. A particular favorite is the latin chicken salad.

• Visited August 2013