“like being with friends and family”

Candlewood Suites Polaris
Ranked #61 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The Mr. Sony (the owner) came and greeted me on our second day, just to see how we were doing and if we needed anything- explained why the pool was temporarily closed and stressed to let him or the staff know if there was anything that could make our stay better. Made me feel so special! We come to the area about once a year and this is our second time staying @ the Candlewood just because last year was so nice and am happy to say that this visit was just as nice-nicer even! Wonderful place clean!!! friendly helpful staff and comfort all round. Definitely recommend you stay here :) There is not a restaurant in the hotel but you are literally surrounded by restaurants( fast food, sit downs and even some $$$) and the mall is right across the way so yay shopping!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Mica B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for leaving a review of our property! We would like to inform you, we are under new management and invite you back to the property to see what’s new! We hope you like the changes and will let us know!

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Everytime I come to this place feels like home I come to this hotel maybe 20 times a year just never actually rate it so thought I would this time keep up the good work!!! Great job love your beds very comfy!

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel was out of a lot of things such as water and coffee but the rooms were spacious and the towels were really nice. The bed was very comfortable and actually had a good amount of blankets which can be rare at hotels. It was great for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear Erika R,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again.

Connie D

Reviewed 5 September 2013

This Candlewood is in a great location, with a number of restaurants, shops and a movie theater within a half mile. The room was very clean and the facility well managed. Would certainly stay here again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Nice sized room. Hard mattresses though. No security around the parking lot, multiple cars broken into on Saturday night, including ours. Rooms have full kitchens, with dishes, pots/pans etc. a small electric stove, large fridge with an ice maker, dishwasher. Not a lot of shampoo/soap etc, so bring your own. Other than that, wasn't a bad stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear patg00-00,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. I hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Unless otherwise you like to experience what is "worst" customer service, then stay clear of this hotel. First time in Columbus, I came across a hotel where front desk staff were mean and rude with an attitude "I don't care either my employer or the customer". Will never stay again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank murugaaa
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear murugaaa,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am truly sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Checked in around 8:30 p.m. (had reservations), smooth transaction, and quick. Nice hotel, pets are welcome at a very reasonable rate (I think $10 / night), places to walk them and "bags" are located at the pet walk area. A/C was very good in our room, layout of the room was also great and the room was very clean. There's no breakfast (which I should've looked for before reserving the room), and check out wasn't as speedy as checking in. I had to knock on the counter several times and call out, finally after several minutes someone came out, my receipt was not in the stack, so mine had to be printed, ten minutes later I was on my way. It seemed as if I was a nusiance for wanting my receipt...big difference in professionalism from check-in to check-out. Overall nice place, but for the cost find a place that has a free breakfast.

Room Tip: top floor, southwest side...it's away from all the local restaurant and traffic...quiet and no o...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jumper H
Kristie L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our Candlewood Suites. I am pleased to hear that your overall experience was positive. I do want to apologize for the service you received upon check-out. It is always our goal to provide our guests with outstanding customer service and it is clear that we did not live up to those standards. I assure you I will be meeting with all of our front desk associates to address the service concerns you stated.

It is my sincere hope is that you will choose to visit our hotel again on a future visit to Columbus. And when you do, you will receive the best customer service and we will exceed your expectations.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Kristie L