“Stop looking. Stay here.”

Candlewood Suites Polaris
Ranked #67 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
“Stop looking. Stay here.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I, along with my 8yo found this gem here on Trip Advisor. Super clean rooms, ridiculously comfortable bedding and neat of all, a kitchenette complete with stovetop, pans, dishwasher and tableware. Need to borrow a DVD or a board game? How about a crock pot or a blender?
They got it, just ask Jauron or Paul @ the desk.

They also have a small food stuff area with cheap fare (soda - 50¢). While you're there, do your laundry for free, too. Gym, business center and indoor heated pool as well.

All this for under a 100!
(Good luck with your wedding, Jauron - I hope I spelled that right :)

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Brunswick, Ohio
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Other than encountering a very large dog (well over 80 lbs) in the hallway we very much enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate visiting Candlewood again. We were late arrivals and when we called ahead your staff was very helpful and courteous.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Rushville, Ohio
Reviewed 6 June 2014

To whom it may concern,

Our experience at Candlewood Suites was amazing! We have stayed at a lot of hotels and a lot of them were good; but none of them were at the level of this one. The staff and pool were awesome. The staff were really nice and I liked how the pool was heated (because I hate cold water). Plus they were always willing to go out of their way to make us feel special. Many of times during our stay we were in need of the laundry facility onsite. It was nice to know that it was free to do our laundry (especially with 6 month old twins). I feel that all hotels have some type of issue but it takes an excellent staff with caring hearts to make things right. The manager, Amine, did well at making us comfortable and feel like we were at home here.

P.S.- I think Amine deserves a promotion.

Room Tip: Always pick a corner room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at this property for over two months. That being said, the hotel is in a great location, close to everything including freeways. I do have to say coming into an extended stay I understand the housekeeping is a weekly deal. I didn't expect anything else, so you get what get. My only complaint was with requesting extra towels. They never seemed to have any, or they were in the washer. They need to buy more towels, its a hotel...
As far as the staff, very polite. They each go the extra mile to help out, lend a smile or just chat! I will name two of them, Maty and Amine. Maty, from my arrival always used my name, remembered me and greeted my each day with a huge smile and made me feel welcome. She makes you feel like you are home, at least as close as you can be to home while having to be away. She was never too busy to stop and say hello!
The other individual was Amine. Amine, again new who I was and really was just an overall gentle sole, smiles and warm greetings, always trying to take care of guest needs. Anything you ask Amine for, he really jumps to get it done.
These two along with the entire staff made my two months on the road much easier to digest.
I will stay there again, I will refer people to this property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Pawleys Island
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I stay in the Polaris area once a month, normally not here, the night I checked in I pulled down the comforter and there were candy wrappers. Didn't realize this was a once a week cleaning deal, when I finally got my room cleaned, I was left zero towels, the cleaning lady offered my dirty hand towels from the dirty laundry cart. Had to add a night due to an early morning meeting (actually stayed in Columbus 9 more nights) they charged me $215 and when I confronted them about it I was called a liar up until I showed them where the money was drawn from my acct. Not worth it - just say no!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank LEIGH K
Mica B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
On behalf of the Candlewood Suites Polaris, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at our hotel.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. We have thoroughly reviewed your noted issues with our housekeeping staff and have completed a follow-up traning with our staff to review room cleaning and inspection procedures. Although I know this does not help you at this time, we want to assure you we take these matters seriously.

I have looked further into the billing situation and my understanding is that our staff tried to explain to you the billing mistake as well as how it was corrected and I apologize if this was not communicated clearly to you. If you do have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Again, I want to offer my sincere apologies for your experience at our hotel. I hope that you would pardon the mistakes on our part this time and would continue your business association with us.

Mica Breese
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I'll say from the outset that, as far as accommodations go, the hotel is just fine. You get what you pay for. And the value is good. Having a fitness room and a free washer/dryers are a plus, indeed. The rooms are adequately appointed and the bathrooms are clean.

I do want to mention a couple of things about my stay, however, since they might be red flags for some.

I checked in on a Friday -- or at least attempted to around noontime, knowing full well that I probably wouldn't be able to get a room until a bit later. However, the hotel was apparently walloped with massive checkouts on this day. The front desk was apologetic, but ended up underestimating the amount of time it would take for their staff to turn around their rooms. I didn't get into my room until nearly two hours after the posted check-in time (close to 5 p.m.). At that point, I was too tired to really complain, since it was obvious they were doing their best (and there were other folks waiting in the lobby for their rooms to be available). But it is worth nothing that they were ill-prepared to turn around rooms in the time they should have.

Also, during my stay, there were incidents that occured in the middle of the night that precipitated visits from the police and/or fire company. On the first night, I returned to the hotel after dinner to find four squad cars in front of the hotel. Apparently a man in his underwear was roaming the halls and causing a disturbance -- or so the front desk person told me. The second night, two fire trucks were called to the hotel -- though no alarm was audible or any notice given to hotel guests. I was never able to ascertain why they were called to the premises -- but the flashing lights near midnight sure disrupted my sleep. And lastly, on my last night, another squad car was dispatched to the front of the hotel where a drunken guest was cuffed and placed in the backseat. There was much hollering and wailing -- and pleading. I don't know what happened firsthand. But from what I could surmise from the screaming outside my third floor window was that two friends had gotten a bit too toasty -- and things ended up violently.

Oh, well.

And yes, the location is great. Right near the highway and shopping malls. Hotel just needs better guests?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Mica B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Candlewood Suites Polaris. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with the room accommodations however I do apologize for the other situations which caused and inconvenience for you.

The Friday you arrived, the hotel had been sold out the night before and due to unforeseen circumstances, we were short staffed which did make turning rooms by 3PM difficult. I can assure you we did have "all hands on deck" however I do understand this does not change the fact you were tired and simply wanted to be able to rest in your room. We are working on a plan to allow our guests more comfort in the event their room is not ready by the 3PM check-in time.

As you noted, the weekend of your stay there were several incidence with in-house guests which resulted in authorities being called. This was a result of our having many -in-house guests who attended a local music festival and obviously returned to the hotel after enjoying themselves a little too much. Unfortunately, our staff did need to call in authorities to difuse the situations and they did so as this is our hotel policy if our front desk feels they cannot handle the situation. I do apologize the behaviour of other guests affected your ability to get a good nights rest.

I hope that your positive experience with our hotel far outweighed the negative and that you will consider us on a future trip to the Columbus area. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again!

Kristie Linard
Director of Sales
Novi Ligure, Italy
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I booked a suite room to stay with my family, two daughters, my wife, and a dog, to enjoy Memorial Day weekend. However upon checking in this hotel, we were told that the room we booked had some issues and it was unable to use. It was already 7 pm. They knew that the room was not available but did not inform us in advance..for some reasons. We were given two queen rooms as we had no other choice at that time, but they were not even connected. I requested to arrange connecting room at least but they couldn't, I believe they tried their best though. So we had to stay in two separate rooms for the weekend. I know the hotel could have many unexpected troubles but the way they treated us were not at all professional.

• Stayed May 2014
First I want to offer my sincere apologies that you did not have a pleasant experience at our Candlewood Suites Polaris. I do, however, want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry that we were unable to accommodate your original room request and that you were not notified in advance. I too have small children and I understand the importance of having your family together when traveling and I am sorry we did not live up to our standard of offering service that not only meets but exceeds the Candlewood standards.

If you have the time, please contact me directly as I would like to discuss this situation with you futher and offer you a complimentary future stay so that you have the ability to experience the wonderful service our hotel is known for offering. I can be reached directly at KLinard@candlewoodsuitespolaris.com or (614) 436-6600 x 2107.

Again, my sincere apologies and I do hope you will consider us for a future stay in the Columbus area.

Kristie Linard
Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Comfort Inn North Polaris
Comfort Inn North Polaris
#40 of 143 in Columbus
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris
Residence Inn Columbus Polaris
Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris
Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris

Been to Candlewood Suites Polaris? Share your experiences!