Candlewood Suites Polaris
US$82
Red Roof
US$199
Residence Inn
All reviewsmini storefront deskquaker steak and lubepool area was cleanfluffy towelsroom was cleandesk personthe columbus zooan upgraderestaurants and shoppingcolumbus areahome away from homewe've stayeddefinitely stay here againcomplimentary breakfastpolariskitchenette
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Well, it is located across the Polaris Fashion Mall and it is surrounded by lots of restaurants. So location-wise, not too bad.

The hotel is nice and clean, so can't say more than that since we were just transiting for one night only. The room has microwave, electric stove, so the place is big enough to have small family.

Overall, it's a good clean nice place.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Mica B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for leaving a review of our property! We would like to inform you, we are under new management and invite you back to the property to see what’s new! We hope you like the changes and will let us know!

Reviewed 21 November 2008

After staying at the noisy neighbor next door -- Extended Stay Suites -- the Candlewood was an upgrade. It was slightly less expensive (about $90/nite), very clean, and much quieter.

The front desk person was very nice and helpful, and mentioned how much she enjoyed working there after having worked at large corporate hotels. She mentioned that it was a franchise and that the owner was local and very involved. They put me in a handicap room, which I always find a little creepy since things are designed for someone in a wheelchair and it gives me the sense of a hospital room. The exercise room was next door and though some guy was giving the treadmill the old what-for, I could not hear it at all. What I could hear, however, were people traversing the stairwell, which created an unpleasant thudding. The room was clean and tidy, smelled good, and was obviously well kept. The hotel has a pool, exercise room, business office, and the rooms had a full kitchenette, fridge, etc, (which I find largely useless but appreciate the thought). They also have a smattering of gas grills outside for the stripe of folk who get such a hankering while they're in a hotel setting. A surprising bonus is that the pillows are polyester filled and firm, a splendid surprise in a day when all hotels seem to believe people demand mushy down pillows, which I and everyone I know loathe. In fact, a little sign on the bed touts that you can request any of three kinds of pillows if you do not like the stock offering. The one amenity I have come to count on which the Candlewood does not have is a complimentary breakfast. This is a somewhat odd omission for this type of hotel and not in keeping with offerings of its competition. A coffee pot is in the room, however, and for the first time in my experience, there was a generous supply of creamer.

The surrounding area is safe and replete with well heeled, college-educated types who frequent the sprawling Polaris fashion mall across the road. There is a veritable nightmare of chain restaurants, big box stores, and strip malls in the immediate vicinity; convenient but nightmarish all the same.

This hotel is a very good choice and I would recommend it to any business traveler or family who needs to stay in the Polaris area of Columbus.

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank HonkHonk

Reviewed 15 October 2007

We stayed at the Candlewood during a weekend shopping trip. The location is perfect, right across from the Polaris mall. Room was clean and comfy, with nice amenities.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 April 2007

This is an extended stay property. That said, it's a nice one. The property seems very new and is close to a lot of restaurants and the Polaris Fashion Place. Columbus is a "driving town", though, so you would be taking your life in your hands if you wanted to cross the street. The workout room is very nice, and there is free laundry. I didn't use the pool, but it looked clean.

The room is basic, but very clean and new. There was a DVD player with the TV, which was nice. The kitchen has all the amenities expected in a full kitchen. Housekeeping only cleans rooms once/week, and your room won't get cleaned unless you are there for at least one week. I didn't mind making my own bed.

There is wireless internet (somewhat weak in my room) and internet access available via network cable (very fast). I had a little trouble with the climate control in my room (the first night it was 86 degrees in my room, and the next it was 62), and the fan was very noisy. The ceilings are thin and there is a fair amount of noise from people in the hallway. I recommend asking for a room on the 4th floor (top floor) so any nightime pacing from guests above your head won't bother you.

Parking is free and plentiful. I would stay there again (and probably will in Summer 2008) as it is a good value, and I liked the full kitchen, workout room and location.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank Carolyn K

Reviewed 11 April 2007

I stood in Candlewood Hotel Polaris over a weekend in March - so just 2 nights. The hotel is very nicely located at the new Polaris Mall which is north of Columbus on the interstate to Cleveland. From the exit its less than one mile. Even though, the place way very quite - I at least did not hear the highway. The area is dominated of course by this wonderful nice new Mall with lots of restaurants and shops preaded around.

Entering the hotel took me two rounds in my care around the hotel - because I was expecting a big entrance hall or such - but only a small door leads to the reception. Once there a friendly young lady checked me in, telling me that this is an extended stay place where you only receive service once a week. I didn't know that before, but it explains the small entrance hall. This was ok to me anyhow since I only stood there 2 nights. But you can obtain more fresh towls from the reception any time. And this explains to me why it is so cheep compared to other hotels in the area.

The room itself has a small kitchenette but with a big fridge, a microwave and that was all I used - I also saw the stove, plates, mugs, galsses, the full story of a suite. So this is very nice if you really intend to stay there some what longer. I even saw signs taking of an indoor pool - which I didn't use but I saw the Gym which was at least not crowded. The rooms are nicely decorated and there is enough room. Everything looks modern well maintained and clean. No complains to this either.

So the last statement - would I go there again: of course, its an inexpensive place with lots of annemities at a nice location.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business