German Village Guest House
Red Roof
US$163
US$105
  • Pool
All reviewswhittier suitehomemade yogurtschiller parkoutdoor fireplacethought of everythingbed and breakfastbook lofthistoric neighborhoodliving roomhard boiled eggsjeni's ice creamwedding nightchocolate chip cookieslittle toucheshome away from homerestaurants and shopscomforts of home
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The German Village Guest House suite #2 was a very nice change of pace. I have stayed in several of the local Columbus area hotels during my weekly visits to the area. None have compatred to the truly urban oasis offered by the GVGH. I was especially pleased with the local option provided for excercising. I'd thought I would have to sacrifice gym workouts. What a surprise!! The location of the house was so convenient for restaurant option. If you're looking for an alterntive to the big chain establishments, I recommend German Village Guest House!! I will return again and try suite #1 or the second location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We spent two nights here and loved almost everything about it. It was easy to find, easy to park near, easy to get into, and our room was lovely and warmly lit, waiting for us. Just goes to show you that you can feel welcomed to a place even if you never see the owners! And we never did, and that in itself was very relaxing if you want some peace and are not looking for a lot of conversation. The room was beautifully decorated and everything was immaculate. Beautiful bathroom as well. I wouldn't have minded some sort of savory hot or warm breakfast choice, such as scrambled eggs or hashbrowns, but the homebaked cake every morning was very good. We loved the place and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were in room 1, which is right next to the kitchen, and being next to the kitchen means that you will hear kitchen noises whenever anyone is in there. Whoever set up the breakfast every morning was super-quiet and considerate, but we still did hear them, as well as other guests. Since we are early risers, this was not really a big problem, but someone who wants to sleep late should choose another room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Have stayed in a lot of Bed and Breakfast homes throughout the USA and Canada..and must
say this is one of the best... location ....location ..location...and comfortable suite and the
breakfast although not super fancy was very fresh and enjoyable. Can't wait to come back
and bring some Chicago friends.

Room Tip: The upstairs suite overlooks the gardens.... great choice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I decided to celebrate our first anniversary at the Guest House after reading online reviews. It was absolutely perfect! We stayed in Whittier Suite 2 which had a bedroom, living room, kitchen (with stainless steel appliances I'm jealous of), and a beautiful bathroom. The suite was spacious and very well decorated. It felt like a more modern version of home! The suite was also very clean. I normally feel weird about sitting on furniture in hotels, but had no problem here!

DeAnn and the staff think of everything. There were robes; a kitchen stocked with breakfast items, snacks, and all the basic utensils you need for cooking; a tray of iced tea and cookies both days; DVDs and a deck of cards for entertainment; and champagne, strawberries, and an anniversary note waiting when we got there.

The GVGH has a great location. We walked everywhere! Schiller Park, a lovely little park, was about a block away. We ate at Lindey's, Barcelona, the Brown Bag Deli (basically next door), and Schmidt's... all were delicious. We also walked to the Book Loft (a favorite place of ours) and a local wine and beer shop.

Even though it's so close to restaurants and local shops, we had no problems with street noise at night. I'm a light sleeper and didn't wake up once.

It's a little pricey to stay here, but it was so worth it. We were able to this little piece of heaven in downtown Columbus for the weekend. It was a very romantic and relaxing place to stay. We're thinking of making it an anniversary tradition! I would recommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've been fortunate to have quite a bit of travel experience in my 29 years of life, from $400+ a night hotels and resorts, right down to 10€ a night, and lots of places in between. I can easily say that German Village Guest House created the most amazing experience for our wedding night. We spent the first 3 years of our relationship in German Village, so spending our wedding night in the guest house brought back all sorts of memories of living in German Village, and really takes care to encompass the greatest aspects of the neighborhood. They have gone to such care to consider their guests’ every need or desire, and we both felt so pampered and well cared-for – even spoiled! – during our stay. We plan to return for a weekend for our 1 year anniversary, and can’t wait. You can tell that the fantastic people running the Guest House truly care that your stay is as amazing as it possibly can be. I can’t say enough about this boutique hotel, so you’ll just have to stay for yourself and see what I’m talking about.

Room Tip: We stayed in Whittier Suite 2 - completely fabulous, right down to the Marimekko bedspread. I can't say enough good things!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple