“Relaxing weekend retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbus
German Village Guest House
Ranked #2 of 20 Columbus B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fairlawn, Ohio
“Relaxing weekend retreat”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Our stay at the Guest House was wonderful. It was a very snowy weekend, so German Village looked like a winter wonderland. The accommodations were lovely and clean. We enjoyed coming down to a welcoming continental breakfast, eating in the dining room as we browsed the newspaper and planned our days. The location was terrific for visiting the North Market, the Art Museum, the Franklin Conservatory, the Bookloft, and the Shadowbox Theatre. The rooms were comfortable, the Hershey kisses a special treat, and the fresh flowers in the midst of winter a true luxury. We will most certainly become repeat visitors!

Green Features: Loved that the German Village Guest House asks if you need fresh sheets and towels, rather than wasting the water and energy for the "fresh every day" normal hotel practice.
1 Thank Adele B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My dog and I arrived in Columbus and our housing arrangements fell through. In a frenzy, I called the German Guest Village. From the moment they picked up the phone to the moment I checked out I was treated like royalty. They made a very stressful situation turn into a rich, delightful experience almost instantaneously. One of the best bed and breakfasts I have ever stayed at. Me and my dog Brewer are eternally grateful.

Room Tip: Try the yogurt.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Ohio
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We return the same weekend every year and we can't help but feel like we have found the best place in the Columbus Ohio area. We always feel cared for from the moment we step in from the porch. All we have to do is pack a change of clothes because everything else has been thought of. Thank you for the comfortable bed, lush robes, wonderful shower and the delicious treats. There isn't anywhere like it! We are so happy we found you! See you next year!

Room Tip: Whittier Suites are more like little apartment get aways! Love them!!!!!
Green Features: It is nice to be encouraged to recycle and to see the use of appliances that are environmentally friendly.
Powell, Ohio
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We had a wonderful weekend getaway at the guest house. The accommodations were great - comfortable, clean and modern.The guesthouse greets you with fresh cookies and great music, and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. Bedroom was bright and spacious, bath modern. Best of all is the location - walking distance to great restaurants and a neighborhood bar. Will definitely come back in warmer weather to enjoy the beautiful garden and patio.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I frequently stay at GVG because of the high quality nature of the accommodations and the service provided by the proprietor. They have always maintained the highest standards of quality. Its a pleasure to stay at their facilities.

Room Tip: They offer an exercise facility that I choose not to use, they are a high quality operation.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Manchester, Missouri
Reviewed 5 December 2013

On our way to a family reunion for Thanksgiving, my wife and I spent one night at this guest house. What a pleasant surprise. We have previously enjoyed German Village but never spent the night in the area. Was fun to be in the middle of the neighborhood, walk the sidewalks and here the community functioning around us. They had a very nice outdoor garden/patio area in the rear, which we would have enjoyed if it was not raining so hard.
This B&B operated without any person meeting/greeting us. We made our reservation via the phone, gained access to the house via email with a door code, had breakfast waiting for us upon waking...I believe that the owners live next door but we had a very peaceful night and morning.
Will definitely return. Even received a hand written thank you note when we returned home--unheard of in today's electronic age.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed at the German Village Guest Houses this week in the Whittier Suite 2 and it was great! I had a super comfortable bed, a large living area, beautiflly appointed kitchen and a very nice restroom with tub. The refrigerator was stocked with waters, juice, yogurt, fruit, milk for cereal and there was plenty more on the counter. I especially loved the chocolate chip cookies when I got back from a long day of meetings. I really appreciated that everything was there for me, a good iron and ironing board, plenty of plugs for computers, IPads and flat irons, good counter space and two flat screens, with DVD players and a selection of movies - wish I had more time to stay! When I read the signature book, I noticed that some people had made use of a local gym that they gave access to which is a nice bonus. The location was great, too. A new restaruant that is all the rage just opened up around the corner. I am definitely coming back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business