“Terrible experience”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Horrible experience. My husband got the driving experience for a Christmas gift. Unlike other famous drivers who have driving experiences, Rusty Wallace lays everything on the driver even though they paid to do it. My husband had 10 laps and drove very well, but when exiting the track, it is very tricky. You have to go up hill into a turn and then turn right so you don't hit the wall. Basically a blind turn unless you have driven here a lot. He tried to exit but could not get it turned right far enough and hit the entry wall with the left front of the car at a very low speed. Even though the engine, radiator, etc was not hurt, only some bent sheet metal, they immediately told us we had to give them $1000 or we could not leave. This after paying them $60 for insurance over and above the price of the racing experience. After telling them there was no way we would pay $1000 then they lowered the price to $500 and said they would have to call the police to detain us if we did not pay. We paid the $500, but would never, ever, ever recommend this horrible experience to anyone else. Go to a real racing experience like Richard Petty, which my son did years ago.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank skm8661

Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ride Along”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We purchased a coupon as a xmas gift for my husband to take a 3-lap ride along in one of their race cars. Our son, age 5, loves racing, so the idea of seeing daddy in a race car had him over the moon. We've never been to the race track before and didn't know what to expect, but when we arrived all the staff were very welcoming and accommodating. They even let our son sit inside the car and get pictures with his dad. The ride was fairly quick as it was only 3-laps and I know they offered longer ride options. My husband said the ride was awesome and definitely a great experience. I'm sure we'll be back again.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank TraceyS1606
Columbus, Ohio
“Incredible experience!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I originally saw this as a Groupon event, and I was excited because my husband really wanted to drive a race car. Although the Groupon offered a great price, the experience would have been the bare minimum. I went to the Rusty Wallace website, read through the fine print and the other packages offered, and chose the "Shootout" experience along with insurance and the picture plaque. This experience also allowed for passing other drivers. What's a race without passing? So, I knew this would be a feature my husband would appreciate. We added on the ride-along, another 15 laps, and the in-car video once we arrived on-site. This once in a lifetime experience was well worth the additional costs. I am so glad that we did. Once my husband went around for his first set of laps, he came off the track. If it had ended there, the experience might not have been the same. He had just gotten a feel for the car, so going back out allowed him to be less timid. All of the staff--registration, fitting, training, and race--was very professional, courteous, and encouraging. I had not seen my husband so elated as when he climbed out of the race car. I would recommend this to anyone who dreams of driving a race car.

Visited April 2014