“Outstanding Business Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area
Ranked #19 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I found this hotel to be a very nice hotel. Nicely decorated and amenities to meet every need. My particular trip was business. I love to work out and am very athletic, they have a very nice workout room. Not just a treadmill and bike like many hotels but a full array of barbells and weight bench. I found the breakfast to be well sorted and tasty. The front desk help, in particular Mrs. Pam McMillian were very professional and helpful in every area. I had a king room suite that was expertly cleaned and the furniture set up was very comfortable as well as conducive to business and preparing for business the next day. Tremendous restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Brian B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences at our hotel with us. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Ok please note this hotel is across the street from easton. (and not walking distance lol)
Where do I begin.....Hotel is a beautiful and fully remodeled Hampton. BUT......During the remodeling process they cut the curtains too short that go above the heating/air system so when the sun rises you rise. The best thing about staying at a hotel is sleeping in a super comfortable bed and the room being pitch black because of the curtains. NOT HERE! ON top of that the fire alarm is super bright and blinks non stop all night! very bright. and don't make me start on the air condition system lol. IT was like a freezer in there. But once you turn it off, it gets muggy. but the air has no in between temperature. Just off or freezer. Breakfast is mediocre. Customer service was top-notch that's why we did not complain. the end

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences at our hotel with us. I would also like to thank you for providing crucial feedback in some areas that we can and will improve upon. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel like they are being well attended and I can assure you that your comments regarding the curtain length, A/C (room temperature) and blinking fire alarm light has been noted and will be addressed to improve our future guests’ experience. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have. We look forward to your next visit to our property.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We purchased the American Girl package and we were pleasantly surprised to see that we had a whirlpool in our room. The room was very spacious and very clean. When my daughter spotted the American Girl bag in the room, her eyes lit up. My daughter was thrilled with all the little extras that were included. She felt special when she had popcorn and milk and cookies for herself. The free shuttle to the American Girl store was an added bonus. The property itself was very clean and the hallways smelled nice. The AC in the room didn't get very cool for some reason so it was warmer in the room that we like. The only "real" problem we encountered was that the refrigerator in the room was leaking. My daughter woke up this morning and walked by the refrigerator and stepped in a puddle. Apparently the freezer compartment was iced over and for some reason it decided to defrost. Since we were getting reading to leave, we notified the front desk as we were checking out. We didn't use the refrigerator so I don't know if it was working properly or not. It wasn't an issue. I wiped up what I could and placed towels on the floor to soak up the water. Some people got stuck in the elevator yesterday and that had me a little nervous especially since we had rode up in that elevator just minutes before it happened. I still give this property 5 stars even though there were a few "hiccups". I didn't go to breakfast but my husband and daughter did and they seemed pretty happy with the offerings. The room may have been a little expensive but I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for." When Mama is happy, everyone else is happy. And it makes it even better when the daughter is happy. She said this was the best day of the summer so far. We visited COSI before checking in to the hotel. The American Girl stuff was the icing and the cherry on top. :)

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor facing the parking lot and our room was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Brian B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed here for a wedding on August 2, 2014. They accommodated a very early check-in for me. I really appreciate that. There's nothing notable about this hotel, but it is a perfectly fine establishment. The rooms are very nice but our room didn't have a bathtub. I could have really used a long soak after being in heels at the wedding all day! Also, the drink station/coffee maker are in the bathroom. I've never really cared for that but it worked and is not a deal breaker.

We ate breakfast there and there was no protein to be had unless you count the powdered eggs. No meat (sausage, or bacon). By the time we came to breakfast, they were out of all milk and another gentleman there let the staff know in the kitchen. There was a plump woman who was visibly annoyed that we were asking her to fill it back up. In fact, she didn't even acknowledge the gentleman when he spoke regarding the refill but she returned to the milk station in about 5 minutes with a container of milk. We just stood there for about 10 minutes until she instructed another gentleman worker on how to set it all up. She never did refill the shredded cheese. It was as if we were bothering her.

The front desk staff was perfectly pleasant and whoever was working there was extremely helpful, friendly, smiling. Great service there. However, if I had to do this again, I would stay at the Hampton Inn Polaris.

1  Thank OnAPermanentVacation

Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences at our hotel with us. I would also like to thank you for providing crucial feedback in some areas that we can and will improve upon. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel like they are being well attended and I can assure you that your comments regarding the Breakfast Staff has been noted and will be addressed to improve our future guests’ experience. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have. We look forward to your next visit to our property.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Our room was very spacious and clean. The desk clerks were friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel is about a 10 minute drive to downtown, about 20 minutes to the zoo and five minutes to the Easton Mall. There is a small convenience store within walking distance of the hotel where you can buy snacks and beverages. The only negative about the hotel was the mini fridge froze whatever we put in it despite adjusting the temperature.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Linda K

Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences at our hotel with us. I would also like to thank you for providing crucial feedback in some areas that we can and will improve upon. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel like they are being well attended and I can assure you that your comments regarding the refrigerator freezing over has been noted and will be addressed to improve our future guests’ experience. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have. We look forward to your next visit to our property.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

we did the american girl doll package and the kids loved it the rooms were clean and good breakfast and helkpful staff. Price was a bit high for one night but kids loved it. The location to easton mall was nice as well and lots to do around there as well. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and nice as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Jason N

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I travel to Columbus and the Easton area on business and for pleasure at least 2-3 times a year. When booking a room, I always check to see if this location has rooms because this hotel just cannot be beat for hospitality, comfort, and convenience. I love that the lobby has an extra large breakfast and sitting area, it feels very homey and makes the rush of the complimentary breakfast seem less hectic than in some other places I've stayed. We got the king suite for our most recent stay, and this room is fantastic! I could have done full cartwheels and still had a ton of leftover room. The setup of having the sink outside of the actual bathroom is also nice when more than one person is trying to get ready to go somewhere and this suite had that. It was one of those hotel rooms that made you forget that you were staying in a hotel. I also enjoyed the friendly, helpful front desk staff and the convenience of the noon checkout time. Being directly across the road from Easton without paying the ""Easton" prices is what will keep bringing me back to this hotel time and time again.

Room Tip: King suites have a ton of room, mini-bar with fridge and microwave, separate areas for shower/toilet...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Halfmoon87
Brian B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014