All reviews thai lagoon running track dirty carpet served its purpose health club fitness center mini fridge and microwave free breakfast is hard boiled eggs the rooms were nice minute drive exercise room front desk clerk would stay here again bed was very comfortable cops hangers
Reviewed 16 August 2018

stay away. when I arrived a drunk was walking the parking lot looking in cars and there were two women of the night sitting on the curb in front of the hotel..not very clean and no place for a family. did not feel safe

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We were in town for the Columbus Rib & Jazz Festival last month and decided to stay at this establishment.

There was alot of riff-raff going on at the front desk with a visitor demanding a pool bracelet but the front desk clerk in the evening handled himself well and we friendly for the most part. The morning clerk was not very friendly at all, however, the housekeepers were speaking very loudly throughout the halls each morning as they worked but very friendly and made it a point to speak to us when we were in their vacinity.

The hotel room was clean, large and satisfactory. The hotel has NO elevator!!! Thankfully my husband and I aren't disabled or heavily overweight as there is a lot of walking to do up the stairs and ALL THE WAY to our room. Not sure how I missed this detail when I went on to the hotel website and peaked around.

Most of all, the hotel is in need of new renovation and/or décor throughout. You can tell it was a very decent hotel back in the day but that day is long gone. The fake flowers, old carpet makes it drab and a little smelly in the halls and also in the rooms from stale smoke or dirty carpet.

We did not swim or partake in the free continental breakfast morning so I cannot comment on that but for the price (Hotwire) it was definitely worth it.

Room Tip: To avoid stairs, ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2018

I live in Central Ohio. In fact, I used to live within 2 miles of this hotel, and I was a member of the fitness center that is attached to this hotel for several years back in the 1990s. I logged many hours of water aerobics in the indoor pool, and it definitely wasn't what anyone would consider new even back then. Looking for a quick weekend getaway, my friend and I recently played "Hotwire Roulette" and ended up getting a great price on a room at the Magnuson Grand. When I heard the address, I said, "Do you mean the Best Western?" This hotel was a Best Western for years, and I wasn't familiar with the name change.

My stay at the Magnuson Grand was like a blast from the past. This hotel was built back when this part of town was a true destination. To the east of the hotel are faint remnants of the Continent and the long-gone French Market. The Continent was a late 70's version of Easton Town Center, and the French Market was part food court, part indoor mall - leveled in the 90s to make way for a large grocery store that closed a few years ago. The up-scale stores have migrated north to Polaris or east to Easton, both only about a 10-minute drive from this hotel. About two miles to the west on 161 is Old Worthington, another part of Columbus that is definitely worth checking out. So, although it's no longer in the center of the booming part of Columbus, it's still quite close to several great places, and you benefit from less traffic and a more reasonably priced room because of the passage of time.

My stay occurred during the Memorial Golf Tournament, a group of young men in their early 30's were staying at the hotel while attending the tournament. Located within 10 miles of Muirfield, they were very happy with the Magnuson as an affordable place to recharge after a day of watching PGA golf.

The Tai restaurant, located where Spain restaurant used to be located, was worth the visit. The service was almost painfully slow, but the food was worth the wait.

Our room contained two full-size beds. This threw me for a bit of a loop. If you're used to queen or king-sized beds, a full can seem really small. However, the bed was comfortable and clean and I got a great night's sleep.

I would definitely stay here again. It's located close to I-71 and it offers a clean, comfortable room at a very affordable price. Both the facility and the neighborhood have seen better days, but there is still plenty of charm and character left in both.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018

My room was very clean, the bathroom was spotless..It was nice and quiet while I worked at my laptop..The staff was polite and helpful. I would definitely stay again... For the price you cant beat it.. If i was looking for something to complain about (maybe the towels could be softer) Ha ha..

Thank you.. Teresa

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2018

First, my name is Dameon Wyatt, head basketball coach for a team located in Indiana. We had to leave this hotel at night due to a party smoking illegal drugs below our rooms. We also had to walk through hallways with intoxicated people from a party. We asked if we could do anything about the illegal drugs, and they said we could leave. That was our only option. I wouldn’t recommend this place at all. Dirty rooms, dirty beds, dirty hallways, very unsafe surrounding, and the manager will not do anything about it. I have emailed and callled her multiple times with zero response. They will not accommodate you with anything other then a dirty room with possible issues in the evening. We were staying here for a tournament in Columbus. I could continue with the review, but feel free to contact me if you want honest and reliable information. This place was the worse I’ve ever seen.... dameonwyatt@gmail.com

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business