“Gourmet Ice cream- try all of the flavors! (Just not in one trip ;-)”

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams
Ranked #4 of 55 Dessert in Columbus
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Since August 2007, we've been a fixture in the heart of the Short North Arts District, an eclectic neighborhood of bars, galleries, antique stores, vintage clothing shops, boutiques, and restaurants. On Gallery Hop nights (the first Saturday of each month) offer the most boisterous scenes, but every day and evening we're serving trios, sundaes, and scoops at a steady pace to locals and visitors from around the world.
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

I frequent Columbus because my family lives there and i never miss an opportunity to go to Jeni's! The flavor combos and profiles that she comes up with are so amazing! Even when you think you wld never like something, u must try it because there r so many great flavors! Most of my faves are seasonal but the Bangkok peanut is always there and always pleases! They r accessible all over Cbus so stop and check out one of the kitschy stores!

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

I tried several flavors before buying (they allow you to taste for free) I didn't like most of the flavors I tried. Loved the chocolate and vanilla. Those were amazing.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was our last stop during the gallery hop and it was 10:30 pm...the line was out the door, around the corner, and down the street. I couldn't believe it! The prices are comparable to Coldstone and the ice cream is very good. I don't know if I would wait that long again for ice cream!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I contacted Jeni's for an ice cream donation last week to ask for an Ice Cream donation for a group 10-14 special needs students that I teach in Gahanna, OH. We are holding an ice cream social for new students to welcome them to their new school, to pass out information and to allow them to socialize over a common enjoyment for all of them,….. ice cream. Needless to say, this is a very worthy cause. The start of middle school involves a lot of changes and anxiety for students, especially those with special needs.

Unfortunately, Jeni's responded to my email days later saying that they do not have the donations budget to help me with my event. (Jeni, you charge $6 for a scoop of Ice Cream....?)

Fortunately, I promptly contacted Graeter's Ice Cream, who immediately got back to me happy to donate to such a worthy cause, both for the community and the good of our school, not to mention the transition of students with special needs.

I am strongly disappointed in Jeni's "Splendid" Ice Cream's lack of community involvement, disregard for students and families with special needs and overall selfishness. I will absolutely be letting the families of students I work with, other families in the Gahanna/Columbus area, not to mention my own family and friends know the lack of patronage Jeni's has for students with special needs and children/families in the the community. As a teacher and mother of two young sons, I will be taking my business else where, and encouraging others to do the same.

2  Thank kathleenshea
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I cannot say enough good things about Jeni's Ice Cream! We're fortunate to have a Jeni's in downtown Powell, very close to home - although that might actually be a bad thing in terms of weight control ... ;-)

Jeni's creates ice creams flavors that I've never heard of ANYWHERE. EVER. And every ingredient is sourced right here in Ohio. My favorites are the Queen City Cayenne (rich milk chocolate with just enough cayenne pepper to let you know it's there), Brown Butter Almond (I can't even describe this except to say it's sheer heaven in a cup or cone), Reisling Poached Pear (a wonderfully light sorbet with a hint of Reisling and a pear finish), and Yazoo Sue Rosemary Bar Nuts. Better Half's absolute favorite is Goat Cheese with Red Cherries and Cherry Lambic Sorbet.

Jeni's is another icon in Columbus so when you visit here, don't leave before visiting a Jeni's at least once. They're all over town and requently have carts at festivals and the like so do whatever you have to do to try their ice cream and sorbets!

A bonus? Although the counter staff are all very young, they are exceptionally well trained and know every flavor inside & out. They can recommend excellent pairings as well. Always friendly and always knowledgeable, I cannot say enough nice things about Jeni's staff members.

AND you can taste every single flavor in the place without anyone batting an eye or acting impatient! :-)

Admittedly this ice cream is premium priced but it is worth every single penny with the unusual and noteworthy flavors, along with every single ingredient being sourced right here in Ohio. The flavors, the quality, the service and the beautifully appointed shops all warrant the premium price.