“Really Good Steakhouse in Downtown Columbus”

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #17 of 2,313 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$20 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The ambiance was very nice. Seating (bench style) was semi-comfortable. You tend to sink down a little too much, which makes the table a bit too high (I'm 6'1")
I had the lobster bisque soup, which had a wonderful base, but not a hint of lobster meat. Next I had the tuna ahi appetizer, which was good, but not great.
For main course I had the 12 oz Filet Mignon, which was excellent, but drowned with butter. It was cooked to perfection, though, and didn't need the butter slathered on. With that, I also had the garlic mashed potatoes, which didn't have any garlic taste, but were good, nonetheless.
Service was good .... not excellent, but adequate. There weren't any long lapses in between servings although they did bring the dessert menu, and then disappeared for awhile, even though all the other diners had left by that point.
You're going to get a good meal here, hands down. A "wow" meal, I don't think so. But definitely worth a visit if you're in town.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Love this restaurant. The restaurant on Old Henderson Rd. have been there many times and love going there. Not impressed with the service nor the food at the High street location have only been to the high street location twice and both time my steak was over cooked and also slow service.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Nice Happy Hour - very friendly bartenders. Pizza enough for two and the sliders are some of the best.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a birthday dinner there with 8 in August, originally we wanted to sit outside, but it happened to be so hot that we decided to move the party inside. They were most accommodating. First they gave us a round table at the bar for apps and drinks and then moved us to a table. They fell all over themselves making sure we had cocktails and refills and decanting the wine. The food came out hot and delicious as usual. Again, our waiter was on top of every detail. I can not recommend this restaurant enough. We will continue to go there for every major even in our lives. They know how to please!

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I joined a couple for business to strengthen our relationship. We were not disappointed. The service was 4.0. Our waiter was knowledgable, professional and engaging. We had lobster bisque, salad, petite filets, lamb and shared two sides. I added the horseradish sauce. We finished with coffee and dessert. Everything was perfect. Highly recommended. We walked the Short North afterwards and as visitors to Columbus it was very welcoming.