“Nostalgia”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We lived in Brussels, Belgium for 5 years. We would shop at several boulangeries and patisseries for breads and pastries. Pistacia provides the quality and selection that fulfills our memories of both. We go there often.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

My little girl wanted nothing more than to try french macaroons for her birthday . I heard pistacia vera had them so I made the drive to Columbus to see. When I arrived I was greeted by a very friendly girl working the counter(I think her name was Sara) when I explained to her why I was there she allowed me to sample any of the macaroons I wished(they cost 1.50 each yet she gave me the samples for free) After purchase she wrapped the macaroons I purchased in a nice box with a small happy birthday tag on it and she then explained how to keep the macaroons fresh and how soon they need to be eaten. The only recommendation I would make is if you need to park, park in Max's parking lot across the street because the lot behind their building has very few spaces and is difficult to get in and out of

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We went here for brunch on our way out of town. I had baked eggs, and the husband had the croque monseur. Both were great, but the monseur looked and smelled amazing. I'd get that next time, if I can resist the pastries again. The coffee is great and so is the service. This is my new go to for brunch in Colmbus.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Every single time I'm in Columbus, I have to stop by Pistacia Vera for the most amazing caneles ever. I know everyone talks about the macarons, but IMHO, the caneles there are the best I've ever tasted! Crunchy on the outside and spongy on the inside...ever since I've moved away from Ohio, I've been on a quest ever since, but all roads lead back to Pistacia Vera.

The bakery itself is nice and inviting, but beware the weekend brunch crowds! This is by far one of my favorite places in the C-bus and I can't wait to visit their new location in North Market!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The macarons at Pistacia Vera are to die for! They have great flavors and variety. Usually they have some seasonal flavors that you have to try! (the pumpkin flavored one is great!) Go here and you won't be disappointed!