“Friendly Service & Nice Rooms!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Ranked #7 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, Ohio
“Friendly Service & Nice Rooms!”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This place is great, the staff is always extremely friendly and ready to assist. The rooms are very modern and always clean! Area dining is exquisite with all kinds of cuisine to choose from, which is important if you're always on the road for business, like me. I travel every week in the tri-state area and this hotel is one of the best I stay in. I am a repeat customer and will continue to be.

Room Tip: Get a King Suite, it's the best.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
We appreciate your loyalty. If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even more comfortable I hope you will feel free to let me know. The feedback we recieve from our guest is key to helping us maintain a great guest experience!
Deedee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed for two nights at the beginning of a road trip to New York via Cleveland for a family wedding. From the outset Jill at reception was fantastically helpful and friendly, throughout our stay she chatted with us and gave us advice about what to see locally and the best way to get about. It was a great introduction to our holiday and the best hotel we stayed in throughout our trip. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, breakfast was excellent with plenty of hot and cold choices. Only thing which did not match up was the food we ordered in, expensive but we were late arriving and did not feel up to going out to find a restaurant.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thank you so much for your valued comments and feedback. Having Jill on our team is a real blessing, she is so welcoming and just a has a vast knowledge of our area. We hope you can find the opportunity to stay with us again!
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The Hampton Inn & Suites Polaris was a great location close to a major activity planned close by. It provided a welcomed respite upon arriving in Columbus with its spacious and comfortable room. It is one of the nicest Hamptons we have stayed at and the leisurely breakfast provided helped us get through a busy day. Everyone was helpful and the service was great.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank burrdjd
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
We really appreciate your positive review of our staff and property! I hope you find the opportunity to visit us again soon. The Polaris area is such a convenient location to stay when visiting different parts of the city!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We recently returned from a stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Polaris for a family event. First, the hotel is conveniently located off of I-71 in an area that has virtually any store or restaurant you could want in a couple of mile radius.

Second, the hotel is clean. We found the lobby area, the hallways, and the rooms (and I was in three different rooms visiting other family also staying in the hotel) to be in good order and to be very clean. This is important, especially when traveling with small children. We did not go into the pool area, but it too looked well kept.

We had a king studio suite and it was a good room. Having the mini fridge, microwave, and the extra sink can make a big difference. My only complaint about the room is that the bathroom sink is in the room and not in the bathroom. I know that this is a design trend, but when a baby is sleeping in the room, running water to wash your hands can be loud.

The breakfast each morning is well stocked and has a wide assortment. Included are make your own waffles (always fun), cereal, yogurt, pastries, fresh fruit, hot items (eggs and meat), and oatmeal. Perhaps most importantly, however, is the constantly brewed coffee that is available all day in the lobby.

Finally, what made this stay outstanding was the staff. Everyone we encountered was friendly and genuinely wanted to help. I want to publicly thank the front desk staff for helping us out. When we arrived my son wasn't feeling well and they pointed us to a pediatric walk-in clinic only a few miles away. While any front desk would provide the location of the nearest doctor, it takes a special staff to check up on us later in the day and to ask how everyone was feeling (much better thank you!) the next day.

On our next trip to Columbus, we wouldn't hesitate to come back for another stay.

Room Tip: The studio suites are worth a little extra money for a lot more space and a little fridge and microw...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dctravel
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to recongnize our team members. I am so proud to be of this team, they truely understand how their hard work and caring attitude make all the difference to our guests.
I also enjoyed your tips about the studio suite rooms. I agree when traveling with a family, they are a great option!
Fullerton, California
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is my second time staying at Hampton inn & Suites Polaris location. The hotel is the same as i remembered it. Same great big room and i enjoyed their breakfast offering there. The hotel itself still looks clean and new with no sign of wear. It's nearby many retail and food establishments (Polaris Mall) and there are a lot to choose from. Their fitness center is bigger than some of the Hampton that i have stayed in. Love that their cardio machines have individual TV and earbuds are provided and rarely busy. It's also nearby Urban Active if you like to exercise at nearby gym as i do.
During rush hour, there are lots of traffic on the main road, but it wasn't bad. I will definitely be back at this location next time i'm in town. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Leilani07
Thank you so much for staying with us again! The team here works hard to make sure every experience for each guest is positive. You have a lot choices here in Polaris so this is a huge compliment for us.
We hope you can come back soon!
Ohio
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We were in town for a visit to The Columbus Zoo and decided to stay at this Hampton Inn. Check in was easy, the king room was decent sized. There was an unsightly stain on the chair but rather than complain, we decided to just ignore the chair. The bathroom was huge with a stall shower. Plenty of warm water, just wish there was more than one tiny shelf in the shower. The place was packed so there was noise both at night and early in the morning but that is unavoidable when a hotel is running at capacity. The morning staff (front desk and breakfast staff) were super friendly and wanted to make sure we were happy. We walked by the gym and pool and they both looked nice, but we didn't use either facility. Bottom line is that it is a standard Hampton Inn in a very busy, central location with plenty of food and entertainment options available.

Room Tip: Our room was above the front entrance and accounted for some of the noise we experienced at night. M...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer M
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you so much for chosing us during your visit to the Columbus Zoo. It is such an asset to our hotel being so close and such an easy drive to the zoo. I apologize that we missed this housekeeping issue in your room, we never want that to happen. I 've shared your comments with our team so that we can do a better job catching these important details.
I do hope you can come back for the summer and the opening of the Zoo's waterpark!
Aid, Ohio
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is a good choice in the Northern Columbus area. The front desk staff was very welcoming and helpful. The hotel had a power outage that damaged the pool pump and a member of the front desk staff took the time to call me early on the day that I would be arriving on my cell phone to inform me that the pool would be closed and offered to move me to a different hotel. As I was just looking for a place to sleep and shower, this was not a problem for me so I stayed anyway.
The hotel is nice, bed very comfortable and bathroom very large and functional. Breakfast was good.
One thing that I noticed in this hotel was that the room seemed much darker than most Hampton Inns I have stayed in. I believe it was due to the dark colors of the walls and furniture.
One inconvenience is that you can only turn into the road the hotel is on from one direction. I had to travel to a different parking lot and then come back to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank exitramp
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel here. I am glad to report that the hotel fully recovered from that terrible storm, very quickly. Our desk and reservation agents are always happy to help with directions to help you navigate the growing Polaris area.
Take care and we hope to see you again soon.