“Great experience”

Ranked #7 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Medina, United States
“Great experience”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times. The hotel is clean, staff is friendly, and the rooms are quiet. We were near the elevator and never heard a thing! The location of the hotel is very convenient. There are a lot of restaurants and many shopping facilities. There's always lots of family activities in the Columbus area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Margaret F
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you so much for you feedback and the high marks. We are looking forward to having you back soon!
deedee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We decided to stay at the Hampton Inn on 8411 Polaris Parkway. According to Trip Advisor, it was #4 out of 139 hotels around the Columbus area.

Upon pulling into the parking lot, we noticed that it was very nicely maintained.

We had book our room through Hotels.com and had no problem with our reservation. The staff was very friendly and professional.

I didn't realize I had booked a handicap accessible room so our room was a little larger than most rooms.

Our room was very clean. The sheets were clean and had no stains on them and there were no spots, rips, or tears on the carpet. The bathroom was very clean and there was no mold around the tub. The only problem we saw was that the ceiling above the lights in the bathroom needed repaired and for some reason there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom.

Unfortunately the view outside of our window was the top part of the overhang of the building.

We had to ask the staff were the closest CVS was and they gave us perfect directions to the closest one.

The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They also did call our room a few hours after our arrival to make sure everything was ok.

After we came back from dinner, we asked if we could get a mini refrigerator for our room and the staff said they did not have one. That kind of surprised us since families stay there and it's rated as a family hotel.

The pool and hot tub area were very clean. There were plenty of towels available. Albeit these towels are more like hand towels so you may want to bring one from your room. There is also a shower available for showering off.

The beds were very soft, almost too soft. Unfortunately the pillows were way too soft. I had three under my head and I still sunk to the bed.

The breakfast in the morning was very nice. That morning we had omelets, sausage, potatoes, a variety of fruit, cereals, juices, coffees, bags, toast, waffles and muffins. The attendant kept everything hot and stocked. They also had grab 'n go bags available at the front desk.

The hotel also has a fitness room on the main level. They had towels available as well as packaged headphones available for the guests.

This would be a great hotel for business travelers and couples. For families, if they truly do not have mini refrigerators available, maybe they might consider investing in some. Especially for families who have young children. We had dinner leftovers and it would have been nice to put them in a refrigerator and to keep some water chilled.

They do have ice machines and vending machines available as well as a laundry facility for guests.

The only other complaint we had from the evening we were there, which was not the fault of the hotel, were the noisy from the kids who running the hallway at midnight. The rooms had good sound proofing but when kids run screaming down a hallway, you will hear it and unfortunately our youngest did and was awaken (yes, we have children and I'm complaining about kids).

Overall the hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly. Unless they would have refrigerators available for guests, we wouldn't stay there again.

We were not compensated in anyway for our stay. We paid for this room ourselves.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. I did want to note that we do have microwaves and refrigerators in our studio suite rooms. These rooms also have a wet bar and sleeper sofa. They provide a little bit more space for families.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback!
N Royalton, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I made my reservation online. When I arrived, there was no reservation. Front desk staff was not helpful at all. I was able to stay one night, but had to change hotels....too bad, because this is a nice hotel. I would stay here again, but definitely CALL directly to book your room.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so sorry that our desk staff was unresponsive to your needs. I have followed up with the desk team and discussed some alternative ways to try to help with this sort of situation. Online bookings can be tough to work with, however we always have alternative routes to try. I am pleased to see that you were so generous with your scores of the hotel. Thank you very much for that and for sharing your feedback. It is so valuable to our success that we learn from our mistakes.
I hope you will be our guest again soon!
Chillicothe, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Hampton Inn never disappoints and this one was no exception ! Clean clean clean linens, bathroom, carpet, furniture ... the list goes on and on. Friendly staff and very accomodating. Breakfast was stocked at all times during the serving hours and the food / beverage areas were very clean and tidy. Recommend this Hampton Inn to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate your high marks. Thank you very much. I am very glad you experience was so nice. I hope that you will visit us again soon.
Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

They other guests were noisy. Kids running in the hallways. Reported to hotel staff with no results. The staff said that they did the best that they could, which I feel was nothing. The staff never offered the money back guarantee. I was probably because we we cashing in points.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I very much appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that you had to endure this sort of situation. What you are describing is not the norm of how we deal with rowdy guests. I have followed up with our front desk team to ensure we are following our protocol during a situation such as this.
I also must apologize that our 100% guarantee was not evoked for you. If you contact me at the hotel, I would be happy to take care of this for you.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

While Hampton facilities as a rule are first class, this location has a smoking policy that is not in keeping with a clean fresh stay. I was put in a 'non smoking' room right next to smoking rooms! Bad design!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I am very sorry that your stay was impacted in such a negative way. I invite you to contact me directly so that we could discuss your stay and what I could do to try to make it right. I also have some ideas that will help you avoid this situation in the future.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Green Bay
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area. All expectations were met or exceeded. My previous experience with Hampton led me to try this hotel on my recent trip with our grandsons. They greatly enjoyed the pool and hot tub and breakfast. Clean, quiet room and facilities. Friendly staff made this a wonderful visit.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for this great review of our hotel! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit. We hope you will visit us again soon. We are located very close to the Columbus Zoo and Water park, a fabulous place to visit with grandkids!