“Review”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Ranked #7 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a work group. The first person I encountered was rude, but other than that the staff were nice. The beds were comfortable, internet worked well and the free flowing coffee in the lobby was a plus. Not plush accomodations, but perfectly reasonable for the price point. No issues with noise in my room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
travel4myliving, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you taking the time to share your review. I am very sorry that you encountered an unfriendly welcome. There is no excuse for that. I am very pleased to know that the rest of your stay was pleasant. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again as our guest.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with my mom and sister. Check in was quick and easy. Room was clean and comfortable. Hair dryer was pretty good for a hotel hair dryer! I also liked the light over the bathtub. Also had a nice large work desk. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was your typical Hampton breakfast which was delicious. Noise was a minimal issue for us. My only 2 complaints were the key card readers were tricky, in fact I had my key re-programmed 3 times, I had to get the batteries in the TV remote replaced twice. Jill helped me for the key card and remote and was apologetic and polite about it Other than those I mentioned no other complaints. The business center and the fitness center were fine. Didn't use the pool so I won't comment on that. I highly recommend this place if your travels bring you to Columbus.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor facing the parking lot and across from the elevators. Noise was minimal
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
travel4myliving, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hello Brian,
I adore the title of your review. I may borrow from time to time. :) We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. I hope that you will stay with us again if you come back to Columbus.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My suite was quiet, clean and very comfy . I slept like a baby after so many hours of work and training. This hotel does not have a restaurant, but it is very easy to order food delivered to your room. The people at the Front desk were very friendly and willing to assist.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback very much. There is no greater compliment to us than a return guest! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We visited the Irish Festival in Dublin, Ohio on Saturday Aug. 2nd. and 3rd. and decided to stay overnight. I had booked two rooms a few months ago for us. This Hampton is about 12-15 miles from Dublin at Polaris. I called in the morning on 8/2 on our way down to make sure we had reservations. The front desk person, sorry I did not get his name, was very pleasant and assured me as we had paid in advance for our rooms they would be ready and waiting for us. I told him we would be very late arriving around 12:00pm. Was closer to 1:00pm when we arrived. The lady at the front desk had a big smile for us our keys already made out so was a fast check in and very glad as we were very tired. The rooms were next to each other and very very clean and welcoming. Lots of room. Loved the entrance and that the vanity was outside the bathroom. The front desk staff is to be commended for the excellent care we received. I was disappointed the in continental breakfast. No eggs. The oatmeal was cold. The servers were to busy chatting to pay much attention to the guest. When I asked about the microwave one pointed to where it was and went back to her conversation. I would stay here again and would highly recommend this hotel, but would eat somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
travel4myliving, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you so much for sharing this nice review. I am please our desk agents were able to accommodate your early check in. I am certainly disappointed in your experience with our breakfast. Please know that I am following up with this team to ensure they understand this sort of behavior and service is unacceptable. I really appreciate that you shared with us.
We do hope that when you stay with us again, you will let me know if you had a better breakfast experience.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here while exhibiting at the Ohio State Fair. The staff were very nice and our room was nice and clean. There was a family reunion going on during our stay, with over 100+ family members who had their own meeting room. Even with such a large group, the staff did a fantastic job taking care of all the other guests!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will be our guest again next year during the Ohio State Fair.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I thought the hotel was conveniently located and so excellently maintained that I was under the impression it had just been opened for business. The staff was attentive and the breakfast was pretty good as well

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter B

We really value your feedback. Thank you very much for taking the time to share with the Trip Advisor community. We strive to provide a great experience to each guest during every stay. It is wonderful to see we met this goal during your visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great location. Near attractions but not right in the middle of the traffic. Friendly staff upon check-in. Nice, clean room. A/C is typical loud hotel unit when running but room was very clean and comfortable. Did not eat the breakfast so can't comment on that. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
travel4myliving, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you very much for this nice review. It means alot to us coming from a TripAdvisor senior contributor! I do hope you can be our guest again as well as enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast.