“GREAT PLACE TO STAY! HAS IT ALL!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Ranked #7 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY! HAS IT ALL!”
Reviewed 24 January 2010

I LOVE this hotel! It is newer and extremely attractive and clean. As soon as you walk into the lobby, you are greeted with a friendly smile to your right, and a very spacious sitting/dining area to your left. Esperanza at the front desk was sweet and professional. We were able to check in early which is a huge bonus.

Brittany at the front desk was friendly and helpful as well. Anything we needed we got very quickly, such as help with the business center, a purchase at their suite shop, and a couple of extra towels for our room. Mary Jo was the lady handling the free breakfast and dining area and she was wonderful! Very kind, helpful and friendly. She was on the spot as soon as anyone had an unfortunate spill, as we did at our table and someone else near our table as well.
Breakfast was wonderful! Everything was hot, fresh and delicous. There were plenty of fresh bread items, fresh fruit, yogurt, boxes of cereal, etc. They had 2 belgium waffle makers and those were yummy. Everything was spotless, thanks to Mary Jo. It was all very appealing and well kept. The omelets were really good. It is one of the best breakfast buffets I have ever had at a hotel.
We loved the pool and hot tub. WE take our kids to a hotel for swimming in the winter since we live in Ohio and have only a few short months to swim outside. Our KIds loved the pool, the hot tub, and our very spacious queen bed suite. It was all so comfy and inviting. We had plenty of space in our suite with 2 parents and 2 active young boys. They loved the room and slept well in the comfy beds at night.

This is the place to stay! We like the Polaris Area and we will Definitely stay at this Hampton Inn and Suites again. We love it! We highly recommend it to others!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank ohiomrspj
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 23 February 2010
I have to share that your review made our day and I cant wait to share with the rest of our team! Mary Jo will just blush with pride! Brittany was telling me the other day that it is like a big family sleep over during the snow storms.
We look forward to having you as our guest again in the spring. Look for our Wild Mornings promotion. The Columbus Zoo will bring some animal friends to visit during breakfast..that is tons of fun. You can see pictures on our facebook page. We are Hampton Inn Columbus Polaris. I hope you will become a fan there too!
Deedee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 17 January 2010

We booked this hotel for our weekend trip to COSI for our family of 5. I booked an $89 (with AAA discount) for double queens, as the website indicated there were no suites available. I sent a note indicating I would like a roll-away bed since a suite was not available. When we arrived, the manager indicated he had updated us to a suite - the room was HUGE and much larger than any other suite or hotel room I have ever stayed in - it was also much nicer and more plush than I would have expected (or have seen in the past) from a Hampton Inn. The hotel was quiet and extremely clean - it may be brand new or recently remodeled. They serve a free breakfast - scrambled eggs, bacon, and waffles, along with fruit, cereal, and bagels, toast, etc - good not great - but again exceeding my expectations for a hotel in this price range. The hotel has a large indoor pool - my only negative experience to report is that the pool was cold, although the kids did not seem to care - we did say something to the manager who said he was working on it, although we never went back to see if it warmed up. I will go back to this hotel again, and would recommend this hotel to someone looking to stay in or around Columbus.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank smudpu
Hartville, Ohio
Reviewed 8 January 2010

This is the first time we stayed at this particular Hampton. It was December 22, 2009, and my husband just arrived back from Iraq. Rather than drive back to Northeast Ohio we stayed here because it was close to Polaris.

Everything was perfect, what more can I say? The room was very large and had everything we could possibly want. My biggest thing is CLEANLINESS and this entire hotel was immaculate.

Staff was friendly, cookies on the counter, great breakfast, we can't wait to return.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bthomas28
ddecoito, Deedee DeCoito, GM at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 11 January 2010
It is wonderful that we were able to have you as our guests during this special time together. Thank you to you and your husband for your service and and sacrafice, we all appreciate it so very much.
We also thank you for your kind post here. I will make sure to share your comments with all of our team. We have some great stuff going on in 2010. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Ohio
Reviewed 29 October 2009

My husband and I stayed here after a Buckeyes' game earlier this month. We have recently stayed at a Staybridge hotel in New York and we paid $50 more for that than this Hampton and there is no comparison. We have stayed at many Hampton Inns in the past and this was by far the nicest. Our room was spacious, clean, and exceptionally quiet. It was a Sat. night, so not too many business travelers. The staff there must take happy pills! They were unbelievably helpful, smiled all the time, and called us by name! I misplaced something and they asked me twice if I found it. The even looked in the computer room for me. Even the lady in the breakfast room stopped to talk to us and inquire if we had everything we needed. It was an exceptional value for the price. The desk help recommended a local restaurant which was very good and asked if we liked it upon our return. We did not use the pool, but I went in and checked it out. The water was nice and warm, but I did not bring a bathing suit. Next time we head to Columbus we will certainly stay there.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank poem19girl
ddecoito, Deedee DeCoito, GM at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 30 October 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to share you experience with us! We welcome and learn from all of the feedback we receive.

We do absolutely love football weekends, it give us the chance to share our spirit! GO BUCKS!

We try really hard to make every guest feel extra welcome during each visit. It is very rewarding when I can share high praise like yours. Our team members get a glimpse of how their hard work and dedication to customer service really means so much to the folks we serve!

We are looking forward to having you back.
Allentown, PA
Reviewed 24 September 2009

I usually stay at Hampton Inns because of their great reputation and free breakfasts, and this hotel did not disappoint. Located just off Route 71 at the Polaris Mall, the staff was friendly, the hotel was clean and spotless, and the rooms were nice. The indoor pool was fantastic. This will be my hotel in Columbus from now on.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laurie1523
ddecoito, Deedee DeCoito, GM at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 28 September 2009
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your postive feedback! I will share you compliments with our entire team. We look forward to having you again.
Michigan
Reviewed 19 August 2009

We stayed at this Hampton for our trip to COSI and the Columbus Zoo. I must say how impressed I was! The hotel is in a very nice area of Columbus. You have anything you can imagine right there at your finger tips. Dining, malls, you name it. The hotel is about a year old so everything is new and clean. The staff at the front desk could not have been nicer. They were so helpful with directions and overall very courteous. The continental breakfast was very good as well. Our room was fabulous with a brand new flat screen t.v., huge comfy king size bed, and the bathroom was beautiful! Everything was super clean. Overall, this is a great place and we also received a great rate. If you plan on seeing the zoo, they do have a nice package which includes tickets.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
hawaii
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We were in Columbus recently for a family funeral. Mary Jo at the front desk recommended a juinor suite since there were 3 of us traveling together. The hotel is immaculate, service outstanding, comfortable beds & good breakfast. The staff is very customer service oriented and helpful. Our suite was very comfortable and it was one of the cleaniest hotels I have ever stayed. They also have a large indoor swimming pool. which was great. This Hampton Inn deserves a higher rating. I would give it 4 diamonds. I will be back on my next trip to Columbus.
Tip: Mary Jo suggested Mimi's Cafe for dinner. It was excellent, great prices and many options. It's across the street at the Polaris Mall .

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
ddecoito, Deedee DeCoito, GM at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 4 September 2009
Thanks so much for your feedback regarding MiMi's cafe. I hope you were able to enjoy the wonderful fresh baked muffins.....yummy! Mary Jo is a Hampton Star! I am so glad you were able to connect with her! I also see you enjoyed the mall. Next time you come you should pamper yourself with our shopping package, good stuff!