“Great Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Smokey Bones BBQ & Grill
Ranked #270 of 2,214 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ohio
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Service is solid, quick and timely. The steak are high quality, Burgers are great!
I would definitely go back again. Waitress was friendly and sincere.

• Visited July 2013

Wadsworth, Ohio
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

The food portions were quite large and our server was great. We had a large party and our server took great care to keep us satisfied.

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing BBQ Ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Sometimes not knowing anything about a film or a restaurant for example, is the best way to go in with a completely open mind and without any preconceptions. Last week I drove my cousin's daughters to a Pop concert at the "Nationwide" Arena, and as my cousin and myself were hungry, and had a few hours to kill in Columbus, we came here.

Smokey Bones BBQ is a chain of BBQ restaurants that seem to be East Coast / Mid West based, but the fact that they are "chain" please please don't let that put you off. Don't think of "chain" and think of some generic burger, fast food type eatery here, as this is very very far from what these restaurants are.

Apart from my cousin and myself, two other guys came and ate with us, friends of my cousin's that work in Columbus during the week and then head back to Akron at the weekends. They recommended Smokey Bones, and eat here quite often. As the waitress, who was very friendly, went round the table taking out orders, we all went for the "Baby Back Ribs" and all I can say is thank God I followed their lead.

Honestly these were some of the best ribs I've ever eaten. I've eaten BBQ in North and South Carolina, in Georgia, in Chicago and a number of other places, but these, these were great, in fact really great. Okay they were about $20 for the full rack, but I'm a big boy and I could hardly finish what I had on my plate. The sides were good, but again this place is about the BBQ so forget these and leave room for what counts.

Apart from the ribs, I saw on a neighboring table that someone had Pulled Pork and Beef Brisket, both of which looked real good as well.

Its a good job that I don't live close by as I would need to buy a season ticket to this place if I did, plus I'd be the size of a small hippo.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Good BBQ and wings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Decided to go here on a whim...our criteria was "a place we do not have in our town and somewhere we have not ate before."

Smokey Bones it was.

We hit it just after 1130am so we were quick to be serviced and fed.

The smoked wings are verrrry good, not the best I have had but really good. The baked beans had pulled pork in them and were very good as well.

I really like the set up and layout if this establishment too.

This is definitely "return and eat again" worthy.

• Visited June 2013
Setauket, New York
“BBQ super fast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

What a great idea- fast food "authentic" BBQ. The food was "real". Great value, but be messy, so be ready to wash and wipe fingers and face!

Visited June 2012