“Not worth the money!!!! Dirty!!!”

Days Inn Columbus Fairgrounds
Ranked #116 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed here one night during Equine Affaire. We booked a King Room and got a double at check in. The room was old and the sheets were worn. The room was non-smoking but there were cigarette holes in the blankets and sheets. We had some chips and candy on the desk and in the morning when packing there were mice droppings all over! In addition, when I sat down on the bed to put my boots on - near the wall next to the bed were toenail clippings - huge ones and it made me sick! We paid over $120.00 for one night and were in there maybe 6 hours because it was so dirty. We told the guy at check out about everything and don't know if he couldn't understand English but he said nothing!! We will NEVER stay at a Days Inn again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Wonderful location, but run down and scary the doors were dented like someone had tried to kick them in, on the bottom floor.The staff in the am at check out time was polite. But for the price of the rooms they were very poor quality and run down.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Absolutely disgusting! Dirty clothes left behind when we arrives, a broken lock, and crow bar dents where the lock is. The room next door was a squatter. Holes in the ceilings and walls. Mysterious stains. Could not relax at this hotel cause you didn't want to touch anything. Had to where are shoes the whole time. Tried to take s shower and the bath tub spickett fell out! Just completely gross! !!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank ArnoldS6
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Ok, the Days Inn isn't really all that top notch, but it is one of the few smoking hotels/motels in the Columbus area. I was close to the on ramp, so getting around Columbus was "easy". Well, except for all of the ODOT construction.

Both the night/day front desk personnel were both friendly and accommodating. Just what you need.

While all hotels/motels need some work, this motel was fine. It was clean, free from bugs, and it had a working refrigerator/microwave already in the unit. Parking is FREE. And the rate is fantastic! (One hotel wanted to charge me $10 for a fridge, $10 for parking, and was over $120 a night!!)

While I stayed here in February 2012, rates were around 60.00 a night...it might be more during the State Fair.

I did not eat at the "Continental Breakfast" as there was a McDonald's right here...but the breakfast looked ok...hey it's FREE.

So, if you want to splurge, stay somewhere else...if you want to save...Stay at the Days Inn Columbus Fairgrounds.

Room Tip: I had a room on the second floor...not for those who can't handle the stairs, or if they have he...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank sm0kin
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Room was OK...broken tiles in the bathroom, Late night staff was very unfriendly....How ever....the gentleman that was tending the desk in the AM was very polite and helpful. I used points for the 1st night and was supposed to be the upgraded room, but didn't seem to be very UPgraded. I would not recommend staying here. I think for the money there are better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel and it was by far the worst experience. First off the rooms are tiny, I can deal with small but after having booked this hotel over a month in advance the guy at the front desk asks me that instead of a king size bed would we mind taking a double. Yes, we mind very much. So the first night was ok no problems. It was nights two and three that made us realize NEVER AGAIN. On Sat we left to go to a Buckeye game and returned that evening. As we are preparing to go to bed we find a half smoked joint on the sink. Aside from it being a joint we asked for a non smoking room. OKKK we throught it in the garbage. We go to bed that evening and the next morning we wake up and go out again we return that evening with the room never having been cleaned. We had order pizza the night before and the cleaning lady never took out the boxes. As my boyfriend went to complain to the front desk a guy busts into my room to tell me that the front desk had told him that I had a plunger in my room. As I began to think that I am about to be robbed I start explaining to this kid that he has the wrong room. Luckily I was able to explain that I was staying at the hotel and not a cleaning lady and get him out of my room. SHADY....VERY SHADY. It seemed people were living at the hotel and the experience was GHETTO to say the least. If you value your safety DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: No room is a good room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jenn1314
Reviewed 20 August 2011

This room was disgusting and in poor condition. There was hair on the blankets on one of the beds, black mold in bathroom ceiling and on shower curtain, wall paper peeling off with a hole behind it, the light by the beds didn't work, phone didn't work, pool down for repairs, hair dryer didn't work, toilet leaked water around the base each time it was flushed. Need I say more?
When I spoke with the manager I felt like I was reading from a script about how thankful he was that I called so he could fix these problems. Right. He then took 10% off my bill which didn't even cover the taxes that I paid on the room. I stayed in a four star hotel in Detroit for the same price as this shack. Days Inn should be ashamed to claim this as part of their chain.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends