“Eh, It's Alright”

Ranked #117 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
San Diego, California
“Eh, It's Alright”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I did a cross-country road trip and stayed at this Days Inn because I had such a good experience at the one in Oklahoma City. I wasn't as impressed. First, my room key didn't work because my door was broken. I had to switch rooms and they put me in a room that smelled like smoke. It was bad honestly, but I've been in worse. It's okay for somebody who is looking for a place to stay for the night. It's in a good location, right off the highway and right down the road from restaurants. I am a 25-year-old female who was traveling alone at the time and I felt completely safe the entire time. It's not a bad place to stay if you are looking for somewhere for the night. The city is amazing. I highly recommend going downtown if you can. The hotel isn't too far from it. Overall okay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We came in late, quiet place, everything neat and tidy. we had a great nites sleep. we will stay here again next time. Free breakfast was simple but adequate and nutritious. we found plenty of towels and good bed, clean sheets.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We chose based on price and location. We've stayed next door at the Comfort Inn & Suites - pay more for them.

If you're strapped for cash, it's tolerable. We were here several days and I got more irritated each day. It's not a matter of how much money or manpower (also = money) they spend, but lack of training of same. Don't drop anything off the nightstand - the edges of the room are NEVER vacuumed. Ever. Don't look at the back of the bathroom door while you're on the toilet. Don't notice the odd smears on things like doorknobs, light switches, remote controls, etc.

But I sure have stayed in worse places - places with dead flies in the tub and on the window sill, etc. A once-a-month edge vacuuming, baseboard and applicance/switch wiping would have taken care of 80% of these problems.

Room Tip: Choose second floor on Clara St side to get away from some of interstate noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I live right here in Columbus, Ohio...not too far from the Days Inn. Every now and then I feel the need to get away from the everyday stresses of home. I'm so glad I chose this hotel/Inn to be my home away from home. Excellent value, clean rooms, friendly staff/employees. Special thanks to the hotel manager, Shafi Bahauddin, for helping to make my stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed May 2014