“Just an average Embassy”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #70 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Mason, Ohio
“Just an average Embassy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Al Embassy Suites are nice but this location just doesn't do a lot of standard things that other Embassy's do. The location in Dublin has a really nice manager's reception with great cheeses and some hot appetizer type things, this location does not. They give you chips and pretzels. The staff aren't real helpful and when I asked fo specific driving directions to the other Embassy in Dublin she gave me directions back to the hotel from the other location. I really like the Embassy in Dublin so much more!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive. The feedback our guests provide is extremely important to us as we strive to improve our service levels every day. Based on your comments, we did not live up to your expectations during your last stay, and for that I apologize. I will be sharing your comments with our entire staff in an effort to improve the items that you pointed out. I hope that if your are in the area you could try us again and I am sure you will enjoy your stay as much as all of the other guest that have left numerous favorable testimonials on this site.

Don Gantt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

This Embassy Suites is of the older model with large interior atrium. The hotel is in good shape - albeit with some strange elevator noises - but accommodated our group of 85 staff well. Meeting space was good, meals were timely and tasty and varied. Staff worked hard to meet out needs. The Front Desk did seem understaffed and the business center printers were out of order but otherwise the hotel worked well. The free shuttle service to airport and the nearby Easton shopping center was a great boon as we were able to visit a number of restaurants in the area for dinners.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your favorable review on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide exceptional service to our guests and I am happy to hear that we did just that during your stay. I hope that you will stay with us again if you have the opportunity in the future. Thank you again for your kind words. Have a great day!

Beavercreek, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

WE enjoyed our stay at the hotel, including the pool, manager's reception and continental btrakfast. we also used the internet and found it easy to connect to it. I would recommend this hotel to friends and would continue using this hotel when we are in Columbus.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your favorable review on Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with my staff. The team here at the Embassy Columbus, Ohio thanks you for your loyalty and commitment to our hotel and to the Embassy Brand. Thanks again and have a great day!

Avon, Ohio
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,555 helpful votes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

When I checking into the hotel with my family, the staff was very friendly and helpful but we were originally assigned a room near the elevator, and knowing the center atrium of an Embassy Suites Hotel tends to get loud, I asked that we be moved which the staff cheerfully accommodated. The room was tucked into what we thought was quite corner but it overlooked the outside pool with an extremely noisy group till closing at 10 pm; however, this was no real problem as we were up until well after closing. In the morning when we got up, I called the front desk to double check the breakfast hours. A couple minutes later, the front desk called back and asked who I was as they showed the room unoccupied; when I told them, I was told they had us in a different room but no problem, they would update their records. Apparently, they lost track of us when we were given a new room at check in. We then went to breakfast which was great except that the made to order omelets were scorched from cooking eggs to hot; they were also scorched the second morning by a different chef but not quite as bad. We left and came back in the early afternoon and noticed our room was not clean so we mentioned it to the front desk and gave them our room number and we were told that room was unoccupied; apparently, we were still lost in their system. The room was cleaned but I found that a prescription inhaler was left behind (none of us use one). At this point these many minor irritations started to take their toll but the checkout is what really disappointed us. We got our bill and everything was in order so we got in line to checkout. There was only one person working checkout and they were having difficulty with the person in front. After waiting quite some time, with the line growing behind me, I looked around, seeing no help on the way and needing to get on the road for the long drive back, I waited for a pause, excused myself and asked if I could leave my key and go as everything was ok and the checkout person rudely snapped that he was “helping someone and I should get back in line and wait my turn”. Now I have stayed at many hotels and have had similar situations and I usually get a friendly “yes that is no problem”. So, I continued waiting in line while it continued to grow, no one coming to help. Finally, I got my turn and asked if I could just leave the key as the bill was fine; the answer was yes. I pointed that was what I was trying to ask earlier and did not mean to interrupt and the checkout person started in again so I simply walked out, looking back to see others in line shaking their head, with no plans to ever return to this hotel.

Room Tip: With the center atrium, most rooms can be noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you sincerely for your review of the Embassy Suites Columbus on Trip advisor. We were very disappointed that we were unable to deliver the outstanding service that most of our guest enjoy while visiting our hotel. I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. I have spoken to the employees involved with this incident and I am positive that this situation will not be repeated. The employees at our hotel pride themselves in not only meeting guest expectations but exceeding them and unfortunately this clearly did not happen in this situation. If we did not receive valuable input from the concerned guest such as yourself we would not be able to use your experience as a very valuable training tool. Thank you again for your invaluable feedback.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

As a frequent business traveler to Columbus and a Hilton loyalist, I have stayed at many Hilton family properties in the Columbus area. This is my new favorite. The value you get for the room rate is high. It is convenient to the Easton area as well as New Albany and northeast Columbus. Minor caveat - it is hidden in an office park so slightly hard to find.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

shelby twp mi, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

clean hotel, friendly staff, great breakfast, rooms, clean, neat and comfortable. stayed with a large group of 30+ rooms and the entire staff was friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was great, room for everyone. Staff was friendly and helpful to 60 parents of soccer kids!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive! We know you have many options when you travel, and so we are glad you were able to experience our Embassy Suites hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.

General Manger
Independence, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Hotel is convenient to shops yet in a quiet, safe area. Staff is friendly and accommodating. I've stayed 5 times in the last year and would definitely stay again. The Atrium Grille is a great place to eat in or have a meal delivered to your room. The complimentary breakfast is the best one I've encountered in the Midwest.

General Manger