“Poor service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during the Thanksgiving weekend for four nights to visit family. Two of the four nights our room was not serviced. The hot tub was so hot you couldn't even get into it. This is not the type of service we expect at a Hilton hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you sincerely for your review. We were very disappointed that we were unable to deliver the outstanding service that most of our guest enjoy while visiting our hotel. I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. I have spoken to the employees involved with this incident and I am positive that this situation will not be repeated. The employees at our hotel pride themselves in not only meeting guest expectations but exceeding them and unfortunately this clearly did not happen in this situation. If we did not receive valuable input from the concerned guest such as yourself we would not be able to use your experience as a very valuable training tool. Thank you again for your invaluable feedback.

Don Gantt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I would like to say that Brittany made my stay. I was new to this Embassy Suites, as I typically stay at the one in Dublin, Oh, but could not as they were booked up. Brittany found this out and had a nice welcome basket in my room when I got in for the night. The rooms are a lot nicer looking than in Dublin. More modern, and updated. Brittany went the extra mile and I would come back for that type of service anytime.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive and thank you for review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back to the Columbus area. Thanks again!

St Louis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

When we arrived, we asked for a crib. The hotel brought us a portable crib, which was in disrepair. I requested a new one. The hotel called our room to notify us that all of their other cribs were in use, but that their driver was driving to the nearest store to purchase a new crib for our use. We had a safe place for our baby to sleep soon after. This hotel staff was very responsive and definitely placed the safety and comfort of our family as a priority!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive! We know you have many options when you travel, and so we are glad you were able to experience our Embassy Suites hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Waterville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have not experienced any major problems. The rooms are large and clean. The breakfast is wonderful. The staff is friendly and helpful. The parking lot is well lit and secure. I have not used the pool or fitness center. I would recommend this hotel and stay again in the futuer.

Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was the second time I had stayed at this property for work. I was reluctant to come back because of the noise level at this property and a co-worker had new jeans go missing from his room but was very close to the office. I should have listened to my instincts because my $500.00 ring went missing from my hotel room. This was a gift from my husband and was very special to me. I did not leave my ring out it was tucked away in a travel case, this means someone went through me things. I reported it to management and they told me nothing had gone missing before which was untrue. I moved to new hotel and filed police report but will most likely never see the ring again. I hope no one has to go through what went through, I felt my privacy had been violated. I will never stay with a hilton property again. My company has also removed them from our travel site.

Room Tip: most rooms are noisy
Green Features: I do not know how enviromentally friendly they are
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank sonya660
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology if your ring went missing while staying with us. We want you to know that we have taken this very seriously and are taking all the necessary steps to thoroughly investigate this incident. Our customers’ personal property is always respected and I sincerely apologize if this caused you any inconvenience. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Rayland, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Check-in was a breeze and the staff was incredibly friendly. The pool was fabulous but the hot-tub was too hot for my husband to even enter. The room was beautiful and met my expectations. Up until the morning, it was a good trip....then I went to breakfast. We were turned away because we didn't have our shoes on our feet and then after we put shoes on, the pancake lady told us to go sit down because her line was getting backed up (we were in line for omelets waiting our turn.) Highly rude breakfast workers (except the omelet guy). Clearly, they did NOT want to be there on Thanksgiving morning. I will continue to book Embassy Suites but not this one.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from our hotel. I am so sorry that you felt our staff was rude towards you but we do require all guest to wear shoes in public spaces. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guests to experience an exceptional stay with us and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will take your comments into consideration.

Troy, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

This hotel was a convenient place to stay for an overnight to visit our student at Denison University in Granville, about 25 minutes away. It was convenient also to take advantage of a quick sightseeing trip to downtown Columbus. The hotel has a huge center atrium, which means noise travels and echoes all the way from the first floor. You could hear some noise from the atrium in the living room of our 8th floor suite. It was fine during sleeping hours (we were there on a weeknight), but early in the morning I could hear dishes clattering from the breakfast area, and voices carried. Again, nothing that kept us awake.... Small problem with the bathroom door not sitting on hinges correctly, and reported it to front desk when we checked out. Good experience overall -- staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your favorable review on Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with my staff. The team here at the Embassy Columbus, Ohio thanks you for your loyalty and commitment to our hotel and to the Embassy Brand. Thanks again and have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Candlewood Suites Polaris
Candlewood Suites Polaris
#65 of 143 in Columbus
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus? Share your experiences!