“Memorable Memorial”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #32 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family lodged here for a wedding over memorial weekend 2014. Most of us (with kids) got the 2-bedroom suite. The rooms were spacious, linen clean and beddings were comfy. Complimentary wifi and parking added to the great experience. To top it off, the manager's special (6:30 -8:30pm) and the full-serve made-to-order breakfast created many opportunities for fun and memorable social hours. The manager for the breakfast actually walked around meeting and greeting guests and pouring coffee/teas at each table. He was so friendly through our 3-night stay that we "threatened" to move in permanently! (:-)). The lady serving at the evening reception was wonderfully amiable. They made our stay worthwhile. All in all, a truly memorable memorial weekend!

Room Tip: With traveling with little kids, get the 1 or 2-bdroom option.
1  Thank danzngal
Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My son was getting married and used the the Embassy Suites for the reception. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was as good as I remembered, though my pancakes could have been hotter. I did enjoy the manager's reception the complementary drinks and snacks hit the spot. The staff was friendly and very attentive at the reception. All my contacts with staff were very positive. The food at the the lobby bar is excellent and reasonably price. All in all a great 2 nights.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2014

After reading the reviews and seeing what appeared to be a really nice pool area I had picked this hotel for my family and one other over the holiday weekend. I've never been steered so wrong by Tripadvisor reviews before.
The indoor pool was disgusting! It was cloudy, filthy dirty with mulch and hair floating everywhere in it. I have never seen a pool at a hotel so nasty, I don't know if the filter wasn't working or what was happening. It was connected to an outdoor pool that was clear and looked a lot cleaner. The major downfall there is that it's on the shady side of the hotel for the majority of the day. So even though it was 80 outside it was shady and a little breezy due to the poor planning when being built.
The free breakfast was almost not edible for our entire party, even the kids. I've been to quite a few different Embassy Suites before and this was by far the worst breakfast ever. The only thing we could eat were the made to order omelets. Everything else was just horrible, from the bacon to the pancakes. Tameka (one of the attendants in the breakfast area) somehow got behind me in line (on Monday) and bumped into me hard with a cup of hot tea in my hand and just kept walking. Didn't say excuse me, sorry or anything. So I said excuse you and she stopped and said did you say something? Is this proper behavior for an employee? Did I bump her or did she bump me ? I am standing there with hot tea and two little kids and this is how you act at your place of employment?
The room itself wasn't horrible, the bathroom was very small and there was noise from the freeway at night especially that I noticed. The elevator situation was ridiculous one was broke the first day we were there and they took forever to get up and down.
I booked 2 rooms asking to be together, and of course we were on the same floor but on opposite ends of the hotel. The next day we were able to switch and get a room right next to each other, but still a hassle having one party move all their stuff.
Our billing is all messed up, I booked both rooms but was only paying for mine (when checking in explained all that to the front desk and they said they would adjust upon check-out. They billed me for 1 of the nights for the other people I was with. They also didn't bill my friends the correct amount when billing out one of their nights.
Needless to say I was more than disappointed with this property, and I am shocked at how they have any good reviews. I work in the travel industry and don't think I'd ever be able to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

As you can conclude from our numerous testimonials on this website this is not how the hotel is seen in the majorities eyes. I do appreciate your feedback and I am very sorry that your experience with our hotel was less than desirable. I assure you that I reviewed your comments with my staff and we are committed to making sure that no other guest feel the way you felt in your most recent stay. The hotel is frequently complemented on our pool area as it is a great amenity for our guest as well as the cleanliness of the hotel in general. I am sorry that the cleanliness was not up to standard during your visit and I can assure you that this is not our typical service. I would suggest that you contact me directly if your travels bring you back to Columbus, Ohio and I will do my very best to make sure your return stay is a memorable one. Thanks again for your feedback.

Don Gantt

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My family and I spent 3 nights at this hotel and were extremely satisfied. The suite was spacious, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent and definitely a level above most complimentary breakfasts. The evening reception was also a very nice touch. Our two children are older, so we made use of the pull out bed, which was also surprisingly comfortable. The only minor issue was that if you slept on the sofabed, you could hear echoes from the Atrium from time to time. But it's only a problem if you are a very light sleeper and on the sofabed. The extra door leading to the beds was pretty soundproof. Overall, I can highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is our 6th stay at this property for a long weekend as Rock On The Range concert attendees. This property is well maintained inside and out. Clean and clearly well managed. The woman who has run the breakfast area has been there for years and does a fantastic job managing her staff. It's exceptional! Highlight of this visit was dinner room service. Reasonably priced, delivered hot and actually quite delicious. We ordered potato skins, rueben sandwich and chicken sandwich. Definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side are near the highway and you can hear the traffic noise. They are mostly...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Although the cost is more than I would like to pay, this is a first class hotel. Clean, safe, great service and staff, free breakfast buffet was one of the best I have ever had, exercise room, pool, hot tub, very quiet rooms. The only down side is that the hotel is kind of isolated from eateries and convenience stores.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Excellent hotel..Friendly staff...Get a foom that faces the front of the hotel as the rooms that face tthe I- 270 freeway are noisy in the evening. We appreciated the AM breakfast and the PM Managers reception as a time to unwind. The hotel is located conveniently to the Polaris and Easton shopping areas in Columbus and the freeway is very close.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple