“Exactly what I expected”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #40 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Hotel is located just a few minutes off the highway. The suites are nice if you have several folks staying in the room or one person wants to stay up late or start the day early. Vicky was great at the evening Happy Hour - excellent attitude / excellent service! Given the atrium set up of the hotel it can get noisy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive and thank you for review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back to the Columbus area.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We picked this hotel because it had and indoor and an outdoor pool. We were pleasantly surprised at the Managers reception in the evening with drinks and snacks and the full breakfast in the morning. Much better than the typical "continental" you get at other hotels. We will definitely stay here again. My only complaint was the wimpy pillows.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2014

Thank you for the positive review of The Embassy Suites in Columbus Ohio. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your experience. I hope that you will stay with us again should your travels find you in our area. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have been here several times and this is our favorite place to stay when we are in Columbus. It is clean, great rooms, breakfast, pool and Happy Hour. Vicky is especially good as the bar tender at Happy Hour. We were touring the area with another couple and we all had a great experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for the great review. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience. I so appreciate your positive feedback. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon. I hope also that you were able to enjoy our top notch complimentary breakfast while you were with us.Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I've stayed at this hotel about 4 times, mostly because it is very convenient when I visit my mother. However, there always seems to be several family reunions going on in the hotel, or other gatherings involving massive amounts of children. It is extremely noisy, and the way the hotel is designed doesn't help. All rooms face out onto an inner atrium. Whenever even a few people are in the atrium the noise reverberates up and makes it sound like a large croud. They provide a free buffet breakfast, but there is always a long line and most of the time I just go out for breakfast, it's a lot easier. There is a manager's reception with free drinks every night, which is the best thing about this hotel. If you don't like crowds or children this place is probably not for you. I will be staying elsewhere from now on when I am in Columbus.

Room Tip: It's impossible to choose a good room because they are all equally noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area and experience the excellent level of hospitality that the Embassy Suites brand is known for.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

If you are on business, avoid this hotel. I got bedbugs and management was slow to respond. The hotel is noisy due to tbe nearby highway. Groups if children roam the floors. The staff tries hard but is ineffective. I stayed there 3 times and wont be back

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Hans12404
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Unfortunately I find your complaint very offensive as your complaint initially was about the noise level in the hotel. I did respond immediately to your complaint and you were offered fair compensation for the issue you experienced. I can only derive from your comments about the other issue that you are wanting to put our hotel in a bad light on this forum. I am very sorry that you felt this was the forum to vent your frustrations. The hotel did have an outside service check the room in question and found no evidence of activity. I do truly apologize for the inconvenience of the noise level and that you could not enjoy your stay as we strive to deliver excellent guest service to each and every guest that visits our hotel.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Embassy Suites is usually our hotel of choice because of the one bedroom suites. Up until now, they have all been wonderful. This Embassy Suites was extremely noisy from people in the atrium area. We utilize the living area of our suite because one of us sleeps on the sleeper sofa. It sounded like the living area was part of a gymnasium with all the echoing noise of the guests in the atrium. Also, the sofa bed mattress was hard as a rock. It was like sleeping on the floor. I finally put it away and just slept on the couch. I had a terrible night sleep. The bedroom was quiet and that bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jacobycoby
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the experience with the Sofa Sleeper and the noise level of the Atrium during your stay. On behalf of the over 100 + employee's that work at this hotel and have great pride in the day to day service levels we provide we again apologize. all of our employee's try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel use to be our favorite place to stay in Columbus. They use to hav a beautiful atrium inside with birds and a brook that had fish and ducks swimming around on it. They use to hav a breakfast buffet with sausage, bacon, eggs, fruit, pancakes, all kinds of stuff. Sure it was a little more expensive staying here but so worth it. Well all of that is gone!!! No real atrium and breakfast is bad! French toast that was very hard, no sausage, no fruit for your yogart or your oatmeal. The place is rundown and noisy. Better places to stay in Columbus, don't waste your money!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christina D

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I understand from your review that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I do understand that you were not completely satisfied and that there were some areas we fell short of your expectations. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and to make your stay pleasant and comfortable.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property. In addition, please know that your comments and issues you have brought up in your review will be addressed.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience you went through during your stay and hope to have the opportunity to serve you next time you are in town.