“We weren't asking for much”

Motel 6 Columbus West
Ranked #71 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Eugene, Oregon
“We weren't asking for much”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

We weren't really asking for much... Just a place to stay for my kiddos to rest up before another 8-9 hours of driving...
This places was extremely cheap, but the hotel was very clean and comfortable. They had an awesome location next to everything... Even a Walmart.
We stayed with three kiddos and they offerred to rent us a cot.. And it was extremely comfortable and huge lol I was expecting a small sized cot.. Thus one was basically a twin sized bed.
They were so friendly.
I give this place an A++ especially for the price.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sally D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

After searching for this hotel w/my GPS I actually found it by having a nearby hotel look up the phone number for me. There's no iron or alarm clock in the room but they do have wi-fi. The front desk clerk was nice and the rate was great ($65) for this weekend-there is a slight odor in the room, that's my only complaint.

• Stayed July 2012
Lubbock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

The owner/manager was very friendly and welcoming. Lots of restaurants were a short drive away with a nice looking new restaurant just a couple businesses down.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Manassas, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

This is a very basic motel. It is good if you are looking for just a place to sleep. The beds are really firm for people who like firm beds.
Room ammenties include a microwave and refrigerator, but no box of tissues. There is also an iron.
I probably wouldn't stay here again, except in a pinch, because I am looking for a place with with more comfortable beds, softer towels, and some sort of breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank locarm
Dresden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

NEGATIVE:
I am hoping the sheets were changed. However the mess on the floor is unimaginable so I will let you see the pictures. Bedspreads are filthy. Never again will I stay in a Hotel 6 but this is disgusting.
Take it from a road warrior. DO NOT STAY HERE.

POSITIVE:
Front desk staff was however, very helpful and concerned.

DATE OF STAY: NOVEMBER 2011

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank newadvisor1
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

I went to visit my son in Columbus OH 10/8-10/10. The best thing is, they let me view the room before I boooked. I tried Knights Inn, I called the night before I arrived, they told me I could check in when I arrived. I arrived and requested to view a room, they did not have any that were ready to view..went across the street (1300 E Dublin-Granville Road, Columbus OH). I asked to view a room, I viewed the room, I then booked the room. I was able to park my car right outside the door, due to the fact that I had small children with me, that was really a plus (and they enjoyed themselves very much) and it was right around the corner from my son..the downside was: there were 2 adults & 2 children, but we only received towels for 1 person, otherwise it was s very nice visit.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 4patty
Medina, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2010

This is the typical, nondescript hotel located off the interstate. I recently blind booked this through Hotwire. While I wasn't overly impressed, I wasn't disappointed either.

The hotel is located off the interstate, in a clump of other hotels and chain restaurants. A Walmart is very close as well. I found the location to be very convenient.

The hotel's design suggests that it was built as a mid-1990's Fairfield Inn. The first and second floor's doors open to the outside, and the third floor has a hotel style layout, with doors opening to an indoor hallway. The building, while showing some age, is well kept.

The room is also clean, but aged. I found the bed to be very hard, but the rest of the furnishings fine. The wifi was too weak to use, so the front desk supplied me with a network cable so that I could connect to the internet via ethernet.

Overall, the hotel was fine. I wasn't blown over, but I got what I needed at a decent price. I could see myself staying here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business