“Unsafe Property”

Courtyard Columbus West
Ranked #69 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My vehicle and 20+ others were broken into. The parking lot lighting is bad, no external security cameras, and the onsite security company did not do thier job. The management hides behind the signage: Not responsible for damage or stolen items.... The area is bad and not safe. I have stayed at the hotel twice and will never stay there agian..Avoid this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John316_13

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a soccer tournament, seemed like a very nice place at first glance. The next morning, 28 cars had been broken into. Several right across the front lobby door. They have no security cameras viewing parking lot. Although, they did have a security guard patrolling the premises. He must have been patrolling inside that night.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My husband, daughter and myself were in Hilliard for a family visit so we didn't spend too much time in the hotel. I was very impressed with the lobby. It was beautiful. The staff was very attentive and friendly. All doors are inside so it's very safe. The only thing I can say I didn't like was the breakfast isn't free. My daughter got 2 pieces of bacon and a banana and we were charged $5.00 for half a buffet. I would stay again but I will make sure to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jan O
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I am a frequent business traveler and have stayed in many Courtyards but this one is below norm. First, it is a huge hotel oddly located in an industrial area. It has a big atrium with a pool, so the common areas reek of chlorine.
The wifi was weak and slow. Unacceptable in 2013.
The sofa in my room was fraying and there was someone else's coffee in the pot. And I am not a fan of the overpriced breakfast buffet (or any buffet). Many Courtyards have put in cafes where you order what you want and it is freshly made-I much prefer it, but today, I paid $9 for luke- warm oatmeal.
In short, this place desperately needs an update.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 2ta
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed here for a soccer tournament in the area. The staff was friendly and accommodating--especially considering all the kids running around the hotel. The staff went out of their way for our group but also enforced quiet time--which I am sure the other guests appreciated. Overall, the hotel is clean, although my shower had some rust problems. My mattress had a divot in it and I kept sliding out of bed...but overall, it was a good experience. It would be nice to have more food options available nearby but, on the other hand, it was nice to have a bar inside the hotel--and the bartender was amazingly friendly(but the drinks are a bit over-priced).

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I had a birthday at your hotel, which was fine with the manager. By the time we get there at 4:00 until 10:00 we were at the pool. First of i told them it will be 20 ppl there but only 8 was staying tonight. We didn't sign a paper they did not tell us rules and regulations nothing. Nobody even told us we were being loud,next thing you know we getting kick out. The manager to my niece which is only 8. Why didn't the manager talk to me. When they came to my room and said get out my kids was sleep, The next thing u know kids playing soccer everywhere but we get kick out. You manger said cause we was black. IT'S ALOT THAT HAPPEN THAT NIGHT I SUGGEST PPL NOT TO STAY HERE. THEY ARE RACISIT ALOT HERE AGAINIST BLACKS DO NOT STAY HERE.....

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Walking in, the indoor pool smell had me doubting my company's choice. However, the staff was incredibly friendly and the room was spacious and clean. I was in a 4th floor room overlooking the pool as well and didn't have a problem with noise at all.

The full bar was a plus after 12+ hour days, and the workout facility was decent. If you are looking for a room with a city view, this hotel wouldn't be the right choice, but if highway access is needed, it can't be beat.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
2 mi away
#22 of 145 in Columbus
Red Roof Inn Columbus West
Red Roof Inn Columbus West
#75 of 145 in Columbus

Been to Courtyard Columbus West? Share your experiences!