“Nice Hotel, Pool not worth it.”

Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown
Ranked #51 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Nice hotel. We were on the 11th floor in a renovated room. The front desk staff was quick and easy to check in. Our room was spacious and very nice. The hot water in the shower/tub never did quite heat up enough, but we just ran it as hot as we could. The pool is quite simply not worse the time nor the effort to go into the basement, it was small and cold and there wasn't even a hot tub. Front desk staff was very helpful. If you are coming into town for a NHL game the location can't be beat just a quick walk and you are at Nationwide Arena. We would stay here again because of the location, but if we were bringing our children along we may look for another hotel in the area that has a better pool.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear BDCSK,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus. Im happy to hear you enjoyed your room and that the front desk proved to be helpful! We hope to see you again soon during the NHL season!

Crowne Plaza- Columbus Downtown

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel. Always enjoy staying here. Only complaint was no conveniently located outlets to plug in electronics except in restroom. I had to move a desk to pull out a power strip (which was located behind a dresser) in order to use.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela M
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Angela M,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus. I will keep your comment about the outlets in mind and share with the staff. Please visit us again soon!

Crowne Plaza- Columbus Downtown

Reviewed 29 January 2014

The room I was in was obviously recently renovated and was very nice. I did have to suffer with one morning with no hot water. The hotel was nearly full due to a couple of conferences, which I'm sure is the reason why, but still not a great moment. Overall had a good experience, and would stay here again.

1  Thank meggpegg
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear MeggPegg,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Ohio. Im happy to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated room! We did not have hot water for a short period because of a pipe bursting due to the abnormally cold weather. I apologize for the inconvenience; I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We arrived at the Crowne Plaza on a very very cold night in January. The staff greeted us warmly and got us settled into very quickly. Our room was clean and warm. The Valet staff was incredible. It snowed 8 inches while we were there and even in the horrible cold and snow the valet staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Cavebat,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus! I am so happy to hear your room was clean and warm and you received wonderful service. I have shared your review with your front desk and valet staff. Thanks again for the kind words.

Crowne Plaza Downtown Columbus

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I am totally surprised what a year makes. I can not give a glowing review this year as I did last year. First of all, the room we stayed in 1) after showering for about 5 minutes, the water pressure would reduce by over 50%. It was like there was a timer or a meter on it and if you stayed in the shower too long, they reduced pressure. 2) The stopper in our drain did not work properly in the bathroom sink. Water would stand in the sink and take awhile to drain. Last but not least, I was staying there with an organization for a convention and stayed for 3 nights. I explained that the organization would be paying for my room with a check when we checked out. On the first night, my credit card was charged for the 3 night stay. The credit card charges were not reversed until 8 days later. I called on day 6 to ask about this, but was on hold for so long I gave up. I complain about this because I have stayed at this establishment for the same convention for the past 6 years. The organization had always paid with a check and never, and I mean never, not once was my credit card charged for the stay and then I would have to wait 8 days for a reversal of the charges. This is not so much a rant as it is a warning to those who stay here and need access to a credit card that has pending charges on it that ties up your credit. Past stays were better but I would give this one a failing grade.

Room Tip: No rating on spa as they do not have one, and they do not have a complimentary breakfast.
2  Thank Jim M
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Jim M,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus. I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced during your stay. Because of the extremely cold weather this winter, we have had to fix pipes that affect our water pressure on numerous occasions. After looking into your account further, it appears that we have emailed you about the credit card authorization situation. We released authorization of your card as soon as you checked out; once we release authorization it is up to your bank on how fast or slow the money shows up in your account. I truly apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced, and hope this makes sense to you. Please email me @DBengel@columbushospitality.com if you have any further questions. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I went back in November for a Pittsburgh Penguins/Columbus Blue Jackets game. The staff maintained their friendly demeanor throughout check in, even though there were a lot of guests coming in. It also went quick, due to they had 3 staff members checking people in (I once went to a playoff game in another city where the hotel only had 2 people checking in, it took forever). The person checking us in was very helpful answering our questions.

Our room was AMAZING. Nice decor, had a iPod docking station/clock radio, spa bath products, great towels.

It's a short walk to the Nationwide Arena and the restaurants around there. And they offer valet parking at check in but it isn't forced upon you which is nice. There's a parking garage right behind the hotel if you don't want to take advantage of the valet.

We'll definitely stay here again for another game.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Burghdutchess,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus! Wow, we love hearing that you enjoyed the room as well as the staff and location. Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The staff was great. Rooms were nice. And it comes with a great location! The only downfall we found was the pool being hard to get to and it was kind of small. It also has a few arcade games which was different. Never tried the food though.

• Stayed: January 2014
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear NLE0,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus! I am so happy to hear that the room and staff were great. Hopefully we see you soon!