“Weekend Stay in Columbus, OH”

Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown
Ranked #51 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The location of this hotel is great; right in the middle of the arena district in in Columbus. Upon arrival we were greeted with a line of traffic around the corner. We sat in our car for about 30 minutes waiting to check in. I called to ask what we should do and was told just to wait in line...really? at the Crown Plaza? This put us in a time crunch, so I finally jumped out the car and trudged my way through the snow to check in and head up to the room. My husband joined me about 20 minutes later. The room was clean and acceptable but not nearly as nice as the photographs make it out to be. The beds, bedding, and pillows were horrible. We both slept terribly. I guess we would both agree that we were not impressed and won't likely choose this hotel again.

1  Thank Ashli S
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Ashli S,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus, Ohio. I apologize for issues in valet; your review has been brought to the attention of the appropriate departments. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

we stayed at the crown plaza hotel in columbus as part of an overnight package while seeing the bruce munro light installation at the franklin park conservatory. our stay was fine, but not exceptional. the room was clean, and nicely appointed. i was not able to access wifi in the room or lobby. this was not solved until the next day. no one at the front desk was able to help, until the second day, when it was explained to me that their motorola wifi system is not compatible with iphone. they were apparently correcting this. coffee area in lobby, but it was unattended at 3pm, when we were looking for a snack and the bar area was also not yet open. we were able to go across to the lofts hotel, and had a snack at max and erma's. one complaint would be that several of our towels were absolutely threadbare, and frayed. the bath mat had a permanent black stain on it. these linens were not dirty...just old, tired and someone needs to pay better attention to what is being put out for the guests. breakfast was next door at max and erma's. coffee in the room was average. still and all, i would probably stay there again, if the price was as good as we were able to get last week.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Julia P,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus. I appreciate all of the information in your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I had a very large room, so big that it was very hard to see the big screen TV from the bed. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. The toilet ran constantly and since no one came to fix it after I called I had to shut off the water valve. Room service was excellent and the cost was very reasonable and included some nice healthy food selections.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Judy B,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza in downtown Columbus! Im happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the healthy food options. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Immediately after I walked into my room I notified the front desk that my heating unit was ticking. Kinda sounded like a grand father clock! Problem solved. The guest room was nice and very clean. There must be some type of heating unit above the room as the ceiling moaned and rumbled from time to time. Weird...

The second morning I noticed there was ice on the INSIDE of the window. The third night the sound of the wind howling through the windows was wild. It woke me up from a sound sleep I felt like I was in a SYFY movie!

Room Tip: avoid room 745
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear ROlsen32114,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus! Wow, thank you for letting us know this kind of information! I am happy to hear that the front desk was very helpful and responsive. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Nice hotel. We were on the 11th floor in a renovated room. The front desk staff was quick and easy to check in. Our room was spacious and very nice. The hot water in the shower/tub never did quite heat up enough, but we just ran it as hot as we could. The pool is quite simply not worse the time nor the effort to go into the basement, it was small and cold and there wasn't even a hot tub. Front desk staff was very helpful. If you are coming into town for a NHL game the location can't be beat just a quick walk and you are at Nationwide Arena. We would stay here again because of the location, but if we were bringing our children along we may look for another hotel in the area that has a better pool.

Dear BDCSK,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus. Im happy to hear you enjoyed your room and that the front desk proved to be helpful! We hope to see you again soon during the NHL season!

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel. Always enjoy staying here. Only complaint was no conveniently located outlets to plug in electronics except in restroom. I had to move a desk to pull out a power strip (which was located behind a dresser) in order to use.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela M
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Angela M,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus. I will keep your comment about the outlets in mind and share with the staff. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

The room I was in was obviously recently renovated and was very nice. I did have to suffer with one morning with no hot water. The hotel was nearly full due to a couple of conferences, which I'm sure is the reason why, but still not a great moment. Overall had a good experience, and would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank meggpegg
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear MeggPegg,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Ohio. Im happy to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated room! We did not have hot water for a short period because of a pipe bursting due to the abnormally cold weather. I apologize for the inconvenience; I hope to see you again soon!

Crowne Plaza- Downtown Columbus