My partner and I checked in for a Friday to Sunday Ohio State football weekend in October 2013.
We arrived late afternoon taking a taxi in from the airport. We did not use the parking or valet services since we had no car. The driveway access to the hotel is covered with easy entry (no steps) to the lobby. We did not have to wait in line to check in and were able to get in to our room right away.
We booked a king bed standard room. It was clean, comfortable and well furnished. As our visit was to celebrate football weekend, we did a quick change to start our festivities. The coffee shop in the lobby was very convenient and had a decent brew to pep us up before heading out of the hotel.
Taxi's were easy to find waiting out on the side of the hotel. I generally do not think of Columbus as a taxi town, but we had no troubles getting by without a car. I was pleased as we were doing a bit of bar hopping all weekend. Taxi's were also available again Saturday morning, but we opted for the long walk over to campus. We are both distance runners so did not think anything of the long walk. I believe most people would prefer a taxi going over to campus as it is a bit far by foot.
This was my first stay at this property as we had stayed nearby at the Hyatt during prior visits. I am glad we tried the Crowne Plaza. I would have no concerns about staying here again in the future for a visit to Columbus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the Arena District, the Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown is attached to Nationwide Insurance and directly across the street from and attached to the Greater Columbus Convention Center. This upscale downtown Columbus hotel is within walking distance of the North Market and fashionable Short North Neighborhood all packed with unique shopping, dining, and nightlife. Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets and host to live performances year-round, and Huntington Park, home of the AAA Columbus Clippers, are just blocks away and are bordered by cobblestone streets lined with trendy restaurants and cafes. Our Hotel features a state of the art business center, coffee bar, and enjoy our tapas and wine menus at our Boulevard Bar. Take in a live concert at the LC Pavilion or sit back and enjoy a movie at the Studio Movie Grill. We are close to other Columbus destinations including the Museum of Art, COSI, Historic German Village, Victorian Village, and The Ohio State University. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown provides a perfect setting for successful business meetings, memorable social gatherings, and exquisite wedding receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown Ohio