I’m in Columbus at least once a year for a convention and business and have stayed at the Crowne Plaza before. It’s across the street from the convention center so you’re just a short stroll away from the exhibit hall as well as all the bars and restaurants on High street and the arena district. It’s tough to beat its location and the price is typically a bit more reasonable that the Hyatt that’s attached to the convention center.
It’s a very well run, professional hotel, the staff was very accommodating. I needed to call a few times to make some last minute changes/requests for the room and they people I spoke to at the hotel were really helpful. The staff at check-in was supper efficient and had me on my way to my room in just a few moments. We were there for a few days so I had the chance to interact with them again as well as the staff from the club lounge and they were always very accommodating.
The room and all the common areas were in great condition and well maintained and we found everything clean and tidy. The fixtures and furnishings in the rooms had a contemporary feel and everything seemed to be in great shape. The only detraction was that the halls and some of the common areas, especially the carpets felt a bit dated. It looks like it’s been a while since their last refresh and I don’t remember any major changes in all the years I’ve been going there.
I think the fact that it is primarily a convention hotel comes into play here. It’s probably got very consistent bookings and doesn’t need to rely on frequent updates. Don’t get me wrong, everything was really in great shape and we will almost certainly be back here again next year. If you’re in town for a convention or a sporting event this is probably the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the Arena District, the Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown is attached to Nationwide Insurance and directly across the street from and attached to the Greater Columbus Convention Center. This upscale downtown Columbus hotel is within walking distance of the North Market and fashionable Short North Neighborhood all packed with unique shopping, dining, and nightlife. Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets and host to live performances year-round, and Huntington Park, home of the AAA Columbus Clippers, are just blocks away and are bordered by cobblestone streets lined with trendy restaurants and cafes. Our Hotel features a state of the art business center, coffee bar, and enjoy our tapas and wine menus at our Boulevard Bar. Take in a live concert at the LC Pavilion or sit back and enjoy a movie at the Studio Movie Grill. We are close to other Columbus destinations including the Museum of Art, COSI, Historic German Village, Victorian Village, and The Ohio State University. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown provides a perfect setting for successful business meetings, memorable social gatherings, and exquisite wedding receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown Ohio