“Columus”

Ranked #47 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, United States
“Columus”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very nice hotel. I enjoyed my stay. I have onlya few comments. 1. Pool chemicals were to strong in hallway, maybe an exhaust fan would help. 2. More signage in lobby about where the breakfast is being served or information in the room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
David, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate the feedback and we appreciate you choosing to be our guest. Please come back when you can.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Sauquoit, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night while staying in the area to visit the Columbus Zoo.
Because we are Hilton Honors customers, our room was on the top floor, and we were upgraded to a corner room which is larger and has two windows. The hotel is in a very nice business park area. It is close to the highway, yet our room was very quiet. The room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Our only complaint was that the printer near the front desk did not work, but the staff printed out directions for us. There are several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel including Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (upscale) and other choices such as Italian, Mexican, pub style, etc. There is also a Cineplex movie theatre nearby. The hotel also has a restaurant which we did not patronize. We were given nice cookies upon check in.
The room does not have a mini-fridge or microwave. There is an indoor pool and hot tub, however the hot tub was under repair so we were unable to use it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your review and your kind words about out clean and quiet facilities and great location. We are planning to add microwaves and refrigerators in our upcoming renovations. We look forward to having you come back soon.
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Arrived on Sunday 5/25 after an 8 hour drive from South Carolina. My room was on the 2nd floor next to the courtyard. The room was large but dark and just surface clean. The linens were clean but the decorative bedspread had dirty spots. Plenty of towels but they are cotton/poly mix so they don't dry well. But the problem I had with them was the traveling teen baseball team that was in town for a tournament. The kids remained in the pool and the parents in the courtyard well after closing. The adults drinking and talking loudly until after midnight. Then the running up and down the hall started. Four times someone tried to get into my room with a keycard. The fourth time was a teenage boy banging on the door and yelling for his mom to let him in. I had to go to the door and yell that it wasn't his room. Security was nowhere to be found even with my calling them. Finally, after 2pm things quieted down. I complained the next morning and was told that the hotel can't control other's children. The polite hotel manager did refund my money after I contacted Hilton Headquarters.

Room Tip: Ask if they have a large group staying and ask to stay far away from them.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Darymilk
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
I’m sorry that you were disturbed, we certainly do have an obligation to try and prevent guests from disturbing other guests. We should have done a better job on this holiday weekend and your comments have been shared with the team.
Hamilton, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We travel with my sons baseball team & I have never had such outstanding customer service as a manager of a hotel to take care of our team - Daniel Ross was top notch - I would recommend them to any one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

You had me at 'outstanding'! Reviews like yours make our day and be assured that Daniel was very pleased that you were so pleased with the experience. Please keep in touch so we can accommodate you for next year’s event.
Indiana
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice clean safe place to stay, Very friendly staff. Restaurant and a bar on site. I seen an indoor pool. A warm cookie upon check in! All rooms were accessed from inside. Plenty of ice machines. Big screen tv's with ESPN!

Room Tip: No shuttle service to ROTR, but taxi's were easy to get. Winking Lizard withing walking distance...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Based on how tired everyone was on Monday, I can only guess that ROTR was a great success again this year! They have already started booking the acts for next year so don’t wait too long to book your room…I hope we see you then.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Visited in March this year. The property is nice and clean. Got some restaurants nearby and even a movie theater so you do not have to worry about idle time on weekends if you go on a business trip. Their staff is friendly and helpful too and make every effort to resolve your issues. All in all a good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you Mr. B for taking the time to share your experience. I remember you from our conversations after your stay and hope everything worked out well for you. I know it is a long trip for you, but I hope you can return soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for a baseball tournament and traveled with the family. The hotel in general was excellent, friendly staff and good amenities made this hotel stand out. The court yard was a perfect place (as long as the weather is good) for a group gathering, what made the court yard exceptional is the fact they had a nice charcoal BBQ available to use.

My only complaint was that the rooms are kind of small including the beds and if you have 4 people in the room and require a portable bed there is very little room to maneuver. That is my only complaint. Oh I almost forgot, on the first night i was woken up in the middle of the night from what I thought was a bomb going off but one of my sons told me it was a dumpster being emptied. (Did they really have to do that in the middle of the night?

The hotel is also located within walking distance of several good restaurant, bars and a theater.
The breakfast was excellent and so were the cookies but be careful the pack about 600 calories each, if you are counting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Avalanche08
Thank you for your kind words regarding the friendly staff…and the cookies! I am sorry about the dumpster noise, we empty ours during the day for this very reason but I guess I will have to have a word with the neighbors! I hope your team did well in the tournament and we see you again next year.