“The hotel is very old in need of lots of upgrades inside and out.”

Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington
Ranked #43 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 12 July 2014

When we arrived at 2:am there were lots of people outside and in the lobby of the hotel. There was lots of noise all night long for the duration of our stay which was July 3- July 6 2014. We could hear security all hours of the night. I asked the front desk what is going on here and they told me there is a vampire convention

• Stayed: July 2014
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I am sorry that your time with us was disturbed, no one should be infringing on others enjoyment of the hotel and I am reinforcing that message with my staff. On a better note, I hope you had the opportunity to look in on the Role Playing Group that was here. They were very interesting to watch! In the future we will be more diligent ensuring that their fun does not intrude on yours. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Very excellent staff, all very personable and likable, with good knowledge of what is open late for those who keep strange hours. A great place to go and have a weekend trip away from home with the buddies.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Austin, I am glad that you found the staff excellent and likeable. Your group was also very likable and seemed to be having a great time. We look forward to having you all back sometime soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

All was well until I checked out and found that in addition to having the bill paid by my HHonors credit card account, they had also charged my bankcard from when my husband used it to buy a $3.00 bag of potato chips, and the funds went out of my account immediately to the tune of over $132.00. I got it resolved after I returned home rather quickly, but I had to wait for the $132.00 to return to my bank account. Andra took care of it for me and the $ was back in my account Monday morning. (1 business day).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Terry M, I know you have been in touch with my staff and the issue resolved, but I do want to add my apology. Keeping multiple credit cards straight on an account is our obligation, and we let you down. Although we only charged one card, since the second card was a Debit card there was a bank hold placed on that one. We need to avoid creating those situations in the future and I appreciate your patience getting it resolved with your bank.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is in fact an old Holiday Inn. The rooms are in need of upgrades and the public space is odd to say it in a kind way. We had drinks in the bar and three drinks were over $15 each. I expect that in NY or Chicago but not Worthington. The breakfast was what I would expect from a typical Quality Inn or Comfort Inn. The staff were friendly and helpful but the place is abysmal compared to the competition within just a few blocks. I won't be back.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank steveswope

Dear DeacSteve, I am pleased that you found the staff friendly despite your concerns regarding the building. It is not unusual for a hotel to upgrade brands during its life, and we want to be the best DoubleTree possible. Please call me about your drink tab as I need to look it up. Other than a couple of rare scotches, our drinks are between $5 and $8 each so I need to make sure you were charged properly. Thank you for the feedback and for being our guest.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel restaurant needs a dramatic change. The staff are nearly invisible and the buffet leaves much to be desired. Housekeeping doesn't vacuum, a pillow feather was on the floor for the entire three day stay. The front desk appeared understaffed as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel M
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Daniel, Thank you for the feedback. There is no excuse for inattentiveness of service and I apologize for your experience. Your review has been shared with all departments involved.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Very clean and quiet rooms with a staff that dealt well with rowdy convention goers awake at all hours of the night. The staff never blinked an eye and was always helpful. The location is nice too, many restaurants in easy walking distance of the hotel. As a final note this 200 character minimum post from trip adviser is more than a little annoying.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

I'm pleased that you found the hotel clean and quiet, the staff helpful, and the location convenient. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I only stay at Hilton properties- particualary for the comfortable beds. This one was VERY BAD. The only reason the entire rating is not terrible was the hotel restaraunt and the customer service received there and the breakfast. I had to sleep on the floor as the bed sank and pulled me and my spouse to the middle. The front desk only offered me a starbucks gift card as compensation for my terrible night's sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles K

I am pleased that you enjoyed the overall service and the restaurant experience, but dismayed that you were so uncomfortable in our beds. My habit is to always encourage every guest to return, but all of our beds are the same model, so I am concerned that I may not be able to improve the situation for you. If you do find yourself heading back this way, please call me first so we can do whatever it takes to make you comfortable…I do not want you to lose another night’s sleep.