“OK if you are not staying for an extended stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Ranked #61 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I am still here but wanted to do this review so others can make an educated decision on whether or not to use this hotel or another extended stay chain.

I am a Hilton Diamond member so that was part of my reason for staying here. The other main reason is that they had a regular laundry room with 3 washers and 3 dryers. My stay here is for a total of 38 days and so far, Day 29, only 1 dryer works. This is a huge inconvenience when you have to hope you beat someone up to the laundry room so you can do your laundry and not have it pile up or have to do it very late at night.

Another downfall is that the hotel is older and I was told it was one of the first Homewood suites. I guess that is why the walls are thin. One night I could hear the people in the room next to me as I was trying to sleep SNORING. While sitting in the living room area, I could hear the people in the room next to me talking on their phones. You can also hear all the traffic on the highway at night but you eventually get use to it.

The only real good thing I can say about this hotel is the cleaning staff and people who serve the breakfast and dinner. They seem to go out of their way to help and try to make you feel like you are a valued guest.

As for the management, that is another story. I have made a complaint about the dryers to the management the first week I was here. I even wrote the corporate office and nothing was done to remedy the problem as in FIX THE DRYERS THAT WERE BROKEN. I got a response back from the corporate office that said the management had contacted me about free use of the dryers but NO ONE FROM THIS HOTEL TALKED TO ME so they lied to their corporate office.

I am here for another 8 days and will definitely not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel if it is an extended period of time. If it is only a day or two, maybe, but not over that.

Room Tip: All the rooms have thin walls so I suggest not to be on the 2nd floor near the laundry room or anywh...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Drew H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

I am so sorry to hear of your experience during your stay with us. Our hotel was one of the first Homewood Suites built by Hilton 24 years ago and unfortunately the walls are thin and at times you can hear additional noise from the outside. Also, unfortunately the guest laundry dryers all decided to die within a week of each other and new ones are ordered but have not arrived.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The hotel was fine. Hotels were full the week-end we needed the room. It was more than we wanted to spend per room. The bedroom was small but that was ok. I wish I had not taken your survey because I really did not have the time to do this. The fact that I had to have 200 characters in order to get this submitted was a pain.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Drew H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to feature us on Trip Advisor. I personally want to thank you for your kind comments and I hope you choose our hotel on your next visit to the Columbus area. Once again, thank you.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have to admit I have never stayed in a Homewood Suites before, in spite of being fond of the various Hilton brands, because the name made me think of assisted living facilities. I am now a major fan. We stayed in this hotel the night of Friday, April 18th. and had a GREAT experience. The rooms were so spacious and well furnished, with a lovely sitting room (complete with fireplace) and a very large bedroom. It was clean, it was quiet and it was super comfortable! The bed was spotlessly clean and had heavenly feather pillows! The bathroom was fine if a little in need of updating in the bat area, but it had two sinks, one in and one outside of the tub/toilet room.
The breakfast was FANTASTIC! Besides the usual bagels etc. they had biscuits with truly memorable sausage gravy and omelets.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
I am a convert!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is the fourth time I have stayed at this hotel. Everytime the room is clean and nicely appointed. The staff is friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was good and fresh. The room cost was a great value. I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Drew H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

I want to personally thank you for the kind response. My team works extremely hard at making sure every stay for every guest is "Legendary". I recently read your response at a team meeting and everyone was thrilled to know that our guests really do appreciate their hard work. Thank you once again and we look forward to serving your lodging needs next time you come to Columbus.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Hotel was clean, but the rooms could use some upgrades. Tub/shower area was small, and the bathroom fan was loud. Bedroom door would not open due to the size of the TV stand/dresser. Overall this was a relaxing place to stay a few days, but with a little work could be excellent

1  Thank Calvin C

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. Actually, to respond to your comments about the upgrades, we are currently planning on replacing our room and public area carpets with new carpet. Our bedding package was just upgraded as well. Once again, thank you for your valuable time and we look forward to your next visit with us the next time you are in the Columbus area.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I did not think it met Hilton Standards. The highway noise at night is awful and I wasn't even facing the highway.
My Diamond status states "high floor, away from ice machines and elevators".I was put on the second floor with someone very heavy footed above me. My room was the first one in the hallway when you stepped off the elevator.
When booking you can request a suite with a fireplace. What they don't tell you is the fireplace is woodburning and they will give you one small starter log your first night. All of that needs to be part of the room description.
Housekeeping was fair.
I've stayed at much nicer Homewood Suites. My next business trip to Columbus I will be looking for a different location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Drew H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us while visiting the Columbus area. I am so sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations. Unfortunately our hotel backs up to the I-270 Interchange and it can be noisy at times. As far as your room location, we always give Hilton Diamond members first room choice priority. Unfortunately you were not happy with where your room was located. Had you told us about your displeasure we would have been more than happy to find another room location to suit your needs. Thanks again for your comments. I look forward to exceeding your expectations the next time you are in the Columbus market.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

In March 2014, my vehicle, a 2008 Acura RDX, was damaged in a deep, uneven drainhole in the parking lot. I have left a voicemail message for the General Manager, sent him an email and left a copy of the estimate I obtained from the local Acura dealer before returning to Illinois. Because I did not know if the noise my car was making made the vehicle unsafe, I took it to several automechanic facilities. Bottom line, no matter what the outcome is of this matter, a return phone call is not too much to expect. The lack of response is very discourteous, unprofessional and disrespectful and this lack of customer service would not be tolerated by my employer. I was willing to overlook the fact that the location was very noisy if my car had not been damaged.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify that you do not want a room near the emergency escape or at the end of the cor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Drew H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

During the course of this harsh winter two of our parking lot sewer drains became unsafe after blacktop had eroded away from the sewer grate. We placed orange construstion cones and caution tape around these drains. The repairs to these drains could not be performed until the asphalt companies open up in mid-April. Unfortunately you did not see these and ran over the cones dragging one with you until another motorist told you about it, thus damaging your car.. In response to your comment, I needed ample time to contact our insurance carrier and advise them of the situation.