“Very nice stay again - still excellence!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Ranked #47 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Heidelberg, Germany
“Very nice stay again - still excellence!”
Reviewed 18 August 2006

After almost three years I returned to Homewood Suites Columbus Worthington. I typically stay in Dublin, what is just around the corner, but since it is summer time, I remembered that Worthington has an outdoor pool and I wanted to check if the hotel has become that terrible as the other reviews explained to me. And the result is: No! I had a wonderful stay - and there is nothing, absolutly nothing to complain about!.

Step, by step: I arrived on a friday afternoon, weather in the high 80's and sunshine. The check-in clerk was very nice and gave me a room as I liked it. The rooms are still in excellent conditions, well maintained, clean, and typically Homewood Suites. I love them. 10 Minutes later I was at the pool: the outdoor pool has been refurnished, new plaster, new pool deck chairs, etc. Nice and the water in cristal clean conditions - this is what you only see if the technical equipment is 100% in very good shape. The people at the front-desk very also very friendly and helped me with some issues. Breakfast was in Hoomewood style, enough and in good quality.

What else can I say: nothing really. I would return any time if I have the time and spend such a wonderful weekend at Homewood Suites Worthington.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank DoktorCB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2006

My wife and i arrived at Homewood Suites on Wednesday June 7th. When I checked in, it was obvious that there was work being done on the parking lot. At the desk, I was given a sheet explaining that they would be working on the Sidewalks on Wednesday, the West entrance would be closed at 2pm on Thursday and that the east entrance would be open until noon on Friday. The entire parking lot would be closed from 12 noon until 4pm on Friday for resurfacing and striping. We were parked in the ONLY handicapped parking space on the East side of the complex and felt this schedule would present no problems. We left on Friday around 9am and didn't return until 9:30pm. The lot was still closed. We had to park next door at the Holiday Inn. I found someone from the staff, I regret that I did not get his name, and was told that the lot would be open by 5:30-6am NO PROBLEM. We were leaving to return to Florida on Saturday and normally leave by 6:30am. We decided to give them a little more time and it was around 7 when I went to get the luggage trolley. Not one to be found. Took a look at the parking lot. Still closed. Back to the room. Called the front desk. NO ANSWER. By now, I was in no mood for a face to face confrontation so we made three trips to carry everything out to the car and left. I should mention that other than the one encounter with the hotel employee and the attempt to call the desk, my only other contact with Homewood Suites was to fill out an on-line survey they sent me in which I stated everything I have written here.

Now for the good. The room was very nice, the furniture, sofa, chair, and bed were comfortable. The wireless Internet worked simply and flawlessly and over all we were planning on returning to Homewood on our next visit to Columbus. The breakfast was fine, I would rate it as equal to Hampton's and since they are both part of Hilton, that is not unexpected. After the parking lot fiasco, we probably will stay at the downtown Hampton next trip.

My recommendation is that this is a nice clean hotel, but if you check in and they are working on the property and the desk clerk hands you a printed apology about the mess, make them sign the dates and times in blood.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank billnjax
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 January 2004

This is the most disgusting excuse for a hotel that I have ever seen.
The rooms are filthy and even had left-over food in the refrigerator from a previous guest. Thanks to housekeeping for absolutely nothing! I spoke to the manager about the problems I had encountered during our stay and her response was that they are really short-staffed and had some new employees. I dont think this pathetic excuse is acceptible. I mean, are these people not trained to do their jobs? What kind of manager would allow such an incident to occur? Obviously one who needs to find another line of work...may I suggest flipping burgers at McDonald's? So if you are going to Columbus for any reason, please do yourself a favor and do not even think of staying that this hotel. It will be the worst mistake you can make.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 June 2003

I stood at Homewood Suites in August 2002. Its a wonderful place, directly located in a mall composed from restaurants and hotels.
Homewood suites are nice rooms, big, clean, and very excellent staff.
Since the weather was really nice, I spend some time at the outdoor pool - and I really enyoed that. The breakfirst war great, but I missed the complementary dinner. I will defenetly come back, hopefully this summer to spend a weekend with my family here - hope the price will not be too high this time.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business