“Single Stay”

Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel
Ranked #56 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was so impressed with the staff here. Very welcoming and accommodating. This visit was a Valentine's gift for my boyfriend to go and see the Eddie Izzard show. Thank you for making our evening special!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for years, since it was the Hyatt. I was there this weekend and the AC in my room didn't work. I also didn't have cold water in the bathroom sink. Try brushing your teeth with hot, not even warm, water. I told the staff and they attempted to fix it and were very nice about it, but nothing seemed to work. I also left for the day and when I came back, there was no maid service in my room. I left extremely disappointed...

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Trisha R
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My one night stay in Columbus was for the purpose of attending the Ohio Theater for the run of The Book of Mormon. The Sheraton was convenient to the theater. Having said that, the hotel turned out to be a highlight of a cross country trip. The personnel of the hotel were efficient and very friendly. The hotel has the guest in mind. Out of 11 nights on the road this was the only hotel with a sanitized remote. It took me a while to locate it in its special holder, not a complaint, just a cause for a smile. Top notch.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Sheraton C, Manager at Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Jean L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback. It is so great to hear compliments about the Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square and we hope to see you again for your next show at the Ohio Theater or just visiting Columbus!

Sincerely, Manager at the Sheraton Columbus Capitol

Reviewed 28 May 2014

As you can see in the title, I enjoyed my stay here. We went for Rock on the Range and luckily for us our room was ready a little early. We did not get a microwave or fridge, but the room was large as well as the bathroom. I gave it 4 stars and not 5 because I thought the housekeeping wasn't on par. She would just pick up the towels and make the bed and leave the new towels just on the bathroom counter top and not put anything away. The cups also did not get restocked. I was pleasantly surprised it got vacuumed though. Also our room was attached to another through a door and whoever was next door keep knocking on our door, so even with numerous attempted to stop them, we had to call security and it was taken care of promptly. The front desk we very helpful with close food suggestions as well. Overall I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the courtyard, which was beautiful and an upgrade. but we were only on the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Re: “Great location, Great Service”

Dear kbcb3749,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback. I will share this feedback with our team in the entire hotel. It is so great to hear compliments about our comfort of the guestrooms and helpfulness of the staff. We apologize for the housekeeping not being on par and have addressed this with our housekeeping department. This has allowed us for a great review opportunity with our housekeeping team. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your overall stay at the Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square and we hope to see you again for your next stay for in Columbus!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Got our room here as part of our package for Rock on the Range. The concert started at noon on Friday and with checkout not being til noon, there were no rooms available when we arrived. It would have been more helpful if the desk staff would have offered to let us store our luggage at that point instead of telling me to check back in an hour or so to see if anything had opened up yet. The room was nicely appointed, and I was surprised to find a refrigerator and microwave in the room. I didn't recall reading about those on the website as room features.
Positives: Desk staff, valet staff and guest services staff were very courteous and helpful every time we called.
Negatives: Housekeeping only made the beds and did not replenish the coffee service, empty trash cans or replace dirty glasses. Breakfast buffet is overpriced for the selection of food available. If you are going to charge for Wi-Fi service in the room, I would at least expect it to be reliable. Giving it away as a "perk" for joining SPG doesn't make up for it.

I also submitted this review to Sheraton, but they reserve the "right" to edit, and may or may not post the review on their website.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dpstas

Dear Squiddly,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback. I will share this feedback with our team in the entire hotel. It is so great to hear compliments about our comfort of the guestrooms and helpfulness of the staff. As far as the Fridge and Microwave combo, these are only in a few rooms on each floor and are upgraded rooms. Due to the hotel being so busy that weekend, you were randomly selected to be upgraded complimentary. We apologize for the housekeeping not being on par and have addressed this with our housekeeping department. This has allowed us for a great review opportunity with our housekeeping team. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your overall stay at the Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square and we hope to see you again for your next stay for in Columbus or next year for ROTR!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Glenda at the front desk was excellent. The was friendly and efficient and helped me get the room location I requested. She provided information about the hotel in a very informative and friendly manner. The room was nice and head plenty of plugs, which is always important to me. The bathroom was roomy, and served its person, nothing flashy or special..the usual soap, shampoo and conditioner. This hotel is a wonderful location for downtown. It is close to the theater, great restaurant and bar (Market 65), close to a shopping area and downtown offices. They also offer a shuttle within a certain radius of downtown and they have a restaurant in-house.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The room was comfortable. Climate control worked well. The lobby was clean and inviting.
Valet charge was $23, but service was spotty. Often noboy there.
They charge $9.95 for wifi that is intermittent, and extremely slow at best when it is operating.
The staff seemed stressed all of the time. Only saw them smile when they were laughing at a lady who was complaining about poor service. Too bad they management are allowing a bunch of poorly trained staff to run this place. What could have been a 4 star hotel is unfortunately a 23 star at best, as customers are often treated much better at "lesser" hotels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank flipperpie

Dear canuckfromflorida,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We apologize for the numerous issues experienced during your stay and you may have already addressed these issues with our management team, but if you would like to discuss any other issues with a member of the hotel management, please send an email to GuestService@sheratoncolumbuscapitolsquare.com so we may address it with you directly.