My fiancé, myself, and two of our friends booked a room on the 9th floor (912) for the weekend of Trotcon. We really enjoyed the hotel itself, but many of the staff were very unpleasant, and we have a few minor problems with the hotel.
1. Valet service (although expensive) was very professional, and polite.
2. Room was spacious, beds were very comfortable, and reasonably clean.
3. We had a beautiful view of the buildings across the street from our room, and could see helicopters flying in to the hospital across the city. It was really neat.
4. There's a little strip-mall attached to the hotel that has a few nice shops and a Chinese place in it.
5. The hotel is huge! We were there for a convention and there was plenty of space.
1. Upon arrival, our shower was not functional. We had to call for maintenance. You'd think this would have been noticed when they cleaned our room...
2. The elevators were broken a lot during the weekend, and nobody knew where the stairs were located.
3. The escalators were not functional. The one going up worked after the first day, but the one coming down did not work the entire weekend.
4. There's a Starbucks inside which is great, but it has really weird hours and seems like it's never open.
5. The strip-mall connected to the back wasn't open all weekend, except Lee's China Kitchen (which was very good).
6. The staff at the front desk were very unpleasant. The entire weekend, they gave us snooty looks and acted as if they thought they were superior to everyone there for the convention. We still had to check out of our rooms by noon even though the convention did not end until 5 or 6 that evening. They told us we could store our luggage at the front desk, so we got a cart to bring it all down on. A couple of the men working service threw a fit and complained to us about how short they were on carts, and gave us attitude when we brought our stuff down on one to be stored. The staff at this hotel CLEARLY cared more about the people still coming in to pay than about the people who had already given them money.
7. Room did not have a refrigerator, which even cheap hotels are able to provide.
8. The ice machines from floors 9 to 14 did not work ALL weekend...
Not sure that I would stay at this hotel again. It really wasn't worth what we paid to stay there.
Hope this helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square is near Ohio Statehouse, OSU, German Village and the Theatre and Arena Districts. We have 16,500 sq ft of meeting/event space and on-site dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Hotel Columbus
- Hyatt Columbus
- Columbus Hyatt
- Sheraton Columbus At Capitol Square Hotel Ohio