I spent a few days at this Hyatt for a conference. The staff was great, and the hotel was in excellent condition and very clean. The rooms were large with many good features. The location of the hotel is excellent for downtown, including the state house.
But all was not sweetness and light:
1. The first thing I noticed when entering the room (#504) was a roar of what I thought was the A/C. It was not. I tracked it down to one wall and could feel vibrations from the wall. I think it was a major ventilation shaft behind the wall. It was so loud that I could not play the TV at low levels, but is was not so bad to bother my sleep.
2. They had installed a large high definition TV, on which they had inflicted the typical hotel low definition channels. They would have been better keeping a smaller TV until they upgraded the video.
3. I had a maid-in-training one day that did not do a very good job of making the bed or cleaning the room. Of course the hotel took care of this quickly with many apologies.
Even with these minor problems, I think I would still use them again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 633 guest rooms, including 16 suites, and Hyatt business plan rooms... connected to the Greater Columbus Convention Center. 63,000 sq ft meeting space, including 15,500 sq ft ballroom and 32 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Columbus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Columbus Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Columbus
- Hyatt Regency Columbus Ohio