“Great place to stay, adjacent to the arena district and convention center”

Hyatt Regency Columbus
Ranked #15 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Williamsburg, Massachusetts
“Great place to stay, adjacent to the arena district and convention center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

The Hyatt Regency Columbus is in a great location near the convention center, the arena district and the short north section of town. So many good restaurants in walking distance. The rooms are stylish and comfortable. The Hyatt does an excellent job handing all your needs for business meetings or conferences. The beverages and light fare from the Perks cafe are good if you need to grab something quick. It is a great place to stay if you are in Columbus.

• Stayed April 2013
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed our location in the beautiful Arena District, your guestroom, and the service the received while staying as our guest. I hope to have you return the next time you are in the area and in need of accommodations!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

This contemporary, charmless hotel is ultra modern. Everything is steel grey, dark brown & white. It's pricey, too. But for convenience to the Short North, it's hard to beat. We used the Chestnut Street parking garage, which was connected by covered walkways and cost only $12 per 24 hrs.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed our proximity to the Short North Arts District. I hope to have you as our guest again the next time you area in the area.
Centerville, Ohio
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,864 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We learned long ago of the many benefits of Hotel, Auto Rental, and Air loyalty programs. No question, The Hyatt at the Convention Center is a premium hotel. Our Hyatt loyalty card resulted in free valet parking ($24.00), free WIFI, a top floor King room with a view from OSU to German Village!

The wall of windows in our corner room is 30 feet long, wraps around the room and extends to the bathroom. We always valet park at any downtown hotel! Katie at check-in was a pure pleasure. Given my Hyatt card and list of requests, the response was yes sir to every request.

We have stayed at this Hyatt for two decades, and prefer the business location. Hyatt is near very neat fish house and several premium steakhouses.

The Bed? Well, great for all purposes!

Excellent location, service, and amenities. Business often requires a beltway hotel, but we prefer the Hyatt and the Convention Center. The tariff is appropriate for the board!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank SavantIII_11
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and please allow me to thank you personally for being a loyal Hyatt customer! I do hope to have you with us again soon.
Clinton, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

When I arrived at the hotel with my yorkie, I was told that I have to pay $50 for the pet. Wow, almost the same price for the room! Nothing mentioned that in the hotel description at Priceline! They finally came down to $25 after some insistence. The snippity front desk manager said it was because of the additional cleaning needed for the pet. I paid the $25 and checked in. Later, I found out there were over 2000 high school students staying at the hotel and that was why you couldn't get an elevator. When I arrived at my room, the old coffee filter was still in the pot. The ice bucket smelled like throw up. There were bobby pins on the floor. It was disgusting. The final straw was the alarm clock going off at 5:30 AM and I couldn't shut it off without pulling the wire out of the wall. What an awful night at this hotel! The morning front desk manager removed the $25 fee.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus. I apologize that you were not informed beforehand about our pet policy. Thank you for bringing the lack of verbiage on the Priceline website to my attention. I apologize for the inconvenience you suffered with the housekeeping issues you listed. I hope you and your yorkie will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.
Dayton, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

We're frequent visitors to Columbus, for conferences and hockey games, and this is our second year of wonderful stays at the Hyatt Regency. I already have plans to book there again next month.

The most obvious plus is that it's ideally located, literally across the street from Nationwide Arena and within easy walking distance of restaurants, shops and a cinema. You can park in the adjacent parking garage and not have to go outside at all- just a short distance through a conference center hallway and you're at the front desk.

My favorite thing about staying here is how much is available without leaving the hotel at all. Just take an elevator down to the second floor and there's a bar, a coffee bar and a nice restaurant. Go down to the first and there's an entire food court with shops and a convenience store. Staff have always been friendly and gone out of their way to greet me. I noticed that in particular, there seems to be low employee turnover in the coffee bar and restaurant- the same employees I remembered from last year were still there this year.

When I stayed there for a sci-fi convention this weekend, it was perfect. I could wander at leisure, go to my room whenever I wanted, and go wherever I wanted to eat. The hotel even had a Dr. Who marathon going on Channel 10 for the duration of the convention, playing on TVs near elevators and in hallways, a move that charmed this Dr. Who fan :)

There are a few inconveniences, but not many. The bathroom is small and not ventilated. There was an ice machine, but our room didn't have an ice bucket. The elevators are sometimes delayed during busy times, but they have two other alternate banks of elevators. Cell and wireless reception can be sketchy in parts of the building. I can definitely deal with it, though, because I really enjoy this place.

Would come back, and will come back :)

Room Tip: If you are attending for a convention, check to see if there is a room deal that includes your inter...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful well-thought-out five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so glad you have enjoyed your past stays with us and hope you will continue to do so as you return to our beautiful city each year!
Northeast Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency to attend a conference held at the convention center connected to the hotel. Perfectly located for the convention center and arena district. The rooms are nicely appointed and very comfortable, although the bathroom is a bit small on space. Good overall amenities, but somewhat limited TV channel selection (but who watches much TV when staying at a hotel anyway).

The service received from all hotel staff was exceptional. There are many great restaurants nearby but the in-room dining meals were wonderful. As some reviewers have noted, parking is a bit pricey but as a fairly frequent traveler to Columbus, the parking fees are very comparable to other downtown hotels and parking lot options, but with increased safety. Even if you leave the hotel once a day, you are saving money over parking in a surface lot nearby. Plus the valet staff are quick and very helpful with loading/unloading your vehicle.

Overall a great option for downtown Columbus, Ohio.

Room Tip: The room with a King Bed had just one comfy lounging chair (plus the desk chair), and the chair sits...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you so much for the thoughtful review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad we provided you with a pleasant stay. Thank you for the input on the lack of TV channel selection and the promptness of our valet staff. I'm glad to hear your overall experience with our staff was a good one. It is always nice to know that we are providing our guests with the stay with they expect and deserve. I hope to have you as our guest again the next time your conference-going needs return you to the area.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Pool is little outdated and in the basement. If we hadn't got a great deal on the room wouldn't stay again. View is nice of downtown Columbus. Bed was not very comfy or nice. Room over all was nice. ihome docking station nice feature and nice tv.

• Stayed March 2013
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed the view from your guestroom of our beautiful city! It's good also to hear that you enjoyed some of our in-room amenities. I hope to have you as our guest again the next time you are in the area.