Hyatt Regency Columbus
US$90
US$82
Red Roof
2,094 results
All reviewsconvention centerbig barvalet parkingcorner roomnationwide arenashort northwithin walking distancenorth markethigh streetself parkvalet servicedowntown areahotel restaurantfront desk staffbusiness tripconferencegarage
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for an 8 day conference. The staff was friendly and the rooms were lovely. The elevators are a bit slow, but it takes time to transport over 600 people. The hotel is conveniently located to the Arena district and to the North Market. The hotel restaurant is a bit high priced but the food was wonderful and nice presentation. The only complaint I had is that the housekeeping staff does not seem to be audited. There were several mornings that we were not left sufficient shampoo/conditioner, and one morning that there were no water glasses left.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a lovely view of the downtown area
1  Thank Cindy A
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! Thank you for bringing the lack of bathroom amenities left for your convenience to my attention. I am glad you enjoyed our proximity to the Arena District and North Market! I hope to have you with us again the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have a feeling that the rest of the hotel will be updated in the coming years to keep up with the Hyatt tradition. The common areas -- main lobby, registration, elevator bays, hallways, etc. -- are ready for their make-over. I thought the staff was great. Being next door to the convention hall was a plus, but you get a bit of spillover from that. The Hyatt has tried to buffer itself with a large wooden wall. I think if they keep on top of things, keep improving, it will be a fine hotel for years to come. I loved Columbus, by the way. Top notch place to do business.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad we were able to accommodate you for your business needs in Columbus, and hope to have you with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We checked in without difficulty. The service from the bellman and front desk was above average. Our bathroom had greasy smudges on the door and other areas including the door handle. I had to wipe off lotion of some sort on the bathroom vanity. The dirt under the vanity and around the tub was Discouraging. There were candy wrappers on the floor of our room. There was a multitude of hand prints on our big window. It was gross. I inspected our bed linen within an inch of it's life. It appeared clean. This hotel provided above average service in other areas but it's housekeeping is woefully poor.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the housekeeping issue you brought to my attention. It was great to hear that you were pleased with the Front Desk and Bell Staff service you received. I hope you will give us another chance to give you a flawless stay the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights in September 2013 because we were attending a conference at the convention center. We were on the 20th floor (the highest) and had great views over Columbus. Our room had 2 doubles (we would have preferred queens or a king sized bed) but they had run out. The room was serviceable, but the lighting was a bit dim. The restaurants around the hotel are plentiful and we had some great meals. The north market is a 5 minute walk from the hotel if you would like to vary the food court food found at the convention center. The service was friendly and helpful. This is not the sort of hotel we would choose for a vacation, however it served us well for the purpose of attending the conference.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you found the hotel suitable for your conference needs and hope you will visit us again the next time you are in need of accommodations in the area.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Dirty don't go there, elevators were so slow ,we waited 35 minute, some people waited longer they hade over 600,people from a church, I could not believe how bad the rooms and halls were, and my room was noise, People banning on the walls water running all nite I was by the serves elevator it was bad,they had a king there from some country,I Gus that who got clean rooms,I ask a maid for wash cloth because she didn't put any in the bathroom, a the only thing she could was shake her head no,that she didn't understand me I American I don't know we're she was from,sent my husband to ask her she did the same thing to him,he had to point to what he was saying to her,from then on I made my own bed,and clean my room,and fore 10 day stay and over 1300 dollars I should have gotten better service,

Room Tip: Don't go there, elevators were so slow ,we waited 35 minute, some people waited longer they hade over 600,people from a church, I could not believe how bad the rooms and halls were, and my room was noise, I hope I don't go back there next year,
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the housekeeping situation you described. I invite you to contact me directly to discuss specific aspects of your stay. I hope to have another chance to provide you with a flawless stay the next time you are in the downtown Columbus area.