“downtown in good location”

Hyatt Regency Columbus
Ranked #14 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a good central location for travelers to downtown. Many of the places one would like to visit in central Columbus will be not that far away. Rooms were clean except for the coffee maker which was a bad oversight. Staff gave no apology and service was perfunctory. When it was reported staff brought a replacement and later we saw the original unit in an open trash can at the elevator. Odd for a device that was simply dirty. Bedding was fine, The room was average in size with an average bathroom. Parking is an expense and valet parking is available for an additional fee.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! Thank you for bringing your Housekeeping concerns to our attention. I am glad we were able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. Hope to have you with us again the next time you are in the downtown area!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Columbus

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is my third review of the Hyatt Regency Columbus. We stay here annually as a participant in the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon and Half Marathon. We made our reservation in February and received a race room rate. A week or so prior to the race, we received an email acknowledging our reservation and suggesting that we contact the hotel if we needed to modify our reservation to ensure a pleasant stay.

We live three hours from Columbus and wanted to arrive early in the city to avoid home game football traffic. On the off chance of checking in early, I stopped at the front desk at 12:15. I was greeted by Wil who said our room was ready. Wow. Check in 3 hours before the normal time? Sure, we’ll take it. I had requested room 1129 which is a good room for people watching. It was not available, but Wil said he could get us a room with a similar view: Room 1629. High. Perfect. All of the rooms have refrigerators but no microwaves for sanitation reasons. The refrigerators are turned ‘off’ to save energy. Ours cooled off nicely when turned to the highest setting.

We were surprised that the wi-fi charge was $9.95 per day. However, we did not ask the front desk to see if the fee could be waived. We have come to expect free wi-fi and most hotels we stay in do offer it.

Another reason to stay at the Hyatt is the easy, covered access to the Convention Center, location of the expo. The food court on the lower level of the Convention Center is also a convenient place to purchase sundries, get food, and tourist information. I took advantage of the coupon page and got 10% off a combo breakfast from Chick and Eggs.

I asked for a late checkout on Sunday morning after the race. That was not a problem, either: 1:00 p.m. was perfect. The hotel always has plenty of staff available for check-in and check-out. There is never more than one person waiting at any time.

Check out this property; you may be as high on Hyatt as we are.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marnette S

Thank you for your wonderfully thorough five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for bringing your satisfaction with your experience with our Front Desk agent Wil to my attention. It is always good to hear that you have great people there to serve our guests. I hope you will stay with us again next year!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were in town for the Columbus Marathon. Desk staff were helpful and accommodating. We requested a rollaway for our son and it was promptly delivered to the room at no extra cost. The room was large, well equipped, clean and quiet. Breakfast in the restaurant was good and only a little pricey. A good experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us for the Marathon,and hope you will choose to stay with us again next year!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here for a conference which was held in the hotel. Our room was spotlessly clean and the bed VERY comfortable. Every employee we came into contact with was very kind and helpful. The hotel has been recently updated and looks great! We had but 2 complaints: not enough elevators and no wi-fi in any of the conference rooms. Every time we needed to go back to our room or go from our room to the conference rooms, we had to wait anywhere from 5-15 minutes for an elevator. One night we finally climbed the 12 flights to our room (we were glad that we had asked for a room on a lower floor, and not something higher!). We were in at least 10 different conference rooms, and no one could get any wi-fi or cell service inside the rooms. Not cool when you need to be in contact with work/family. We would stay there again, but we'd surely love to see the wi-fi issue resolved before next year's conference!

Room Tip: If you are there for a conference/convention, choose a room at a lower level so that you don't h...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for your five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I appreciate your constructive feedback and hope to have you with us again for your conference next year!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Got a super rate on this through hotwire. I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel was connected to the convention center- as we were in town for the marathon and went to the expo. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and the beds were heavenly. Location is close to everything. Parking isn't free- but it's downtown so that's not a surprise.

We moved hotels for the next night as we were staying with another group and I can say that this hotel was way nicer and cleaner.

Room Tip: Self pay is $20 I think and the valet is $25
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for your wonderful five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope to have you here again for next years marathon!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We booked this reservation through Priceline. I'm always nervous about blindly bidding on a room. However, I did check out the various travel sites before putting in a bid. I won the bid with an offer about $70 below the travel site rates. Upon checking in, we were delighted to find that the hotel was far superior than we expected.

The hotel is spare but somehow elegant. The service from the valet, bellman and front desk were second to none and the room is one of the nicest you'll find. Ours was a deluxe king (or some name like that) and was at least twice the size of a standard hotel room. The view is also incredible, looking over the whole city. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing southwest (the large, angled side of the building). The views of Le Veque Towe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! We appreciate your positive comments and hope to have you with us again in the near future!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I had a room with 2 double beds and the room was adaquate yet not as spacious as I intended for a hotel that cost $200.00/night which included valet parking. I was there for my convention and this was our group rate. The odd thing about the room was the flat screen was blurry. Try to watch the Bucs football with that. The front desk informed me that HD wasn't available. How cheap guys step it up!!!!! My opinion is why not stay at Polaris at the Holiday Inn or Best Western Suites. Each around $100.00. I'm not trying to sell the other hotels but I hate wasting money on putting my head on a pillow

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the lack of HD viewing availability in our rooms. Thank you for your constructive feedback. I hope to have you with us again the next time you are in the downtown area.