“Weekend get away” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Columbus
Ranked #16 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
“Weekend get away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The room and location was good. The only negative comment I would make, is that there was no housekeeping service done to our room. We had been gone all day and when we returned, the room was the same way as we had left it. I called down to the front desk to request clean towels and it took over an hour to get them.

Stayed August 2014
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the Housekeeping concern you mentioned, and also for the delay you experienced in waiting for your towels. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I hope to have you back for another chance to give you a flawless Hyatt stay the next time you are in the area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We attended a family wedding in Columbus Ohio recently and stayed at the Hyatt Regency Columbus. It is a beautiful facility with helpful staff. The room was clean and well appointed. What was best about this hotel was the location- within walking distance of restaurants, bars and the outdoor baseball park. Columbus is an interesting town, well worth a visit if you are in that part of the country. It is very walkable and German Town (a beautifully restored olf neighborhood) was particularly interesting.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and our lovely downtown area. I hope to have you with us again the next time your travels bring you to the area!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were there for the National American Miss Pageant. The place was packed. This didn't affect the service our how prompt they were in handling our needs. The resultant restaurant was excellent and not too pricey. It was great to have the food court available too. Wide selection of food and very affordable.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs while you were with us for the National American Miss Pageant! Thank you for the compliments on our food and beverage facility. I hope to have you with us again the next time you are in the area.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was there for a convention at the convention center and the proximity to the convention center was a plus for me as I was traveling alone and did not have to walk outside at night at all. In addition there was a food court connected to the hotel that I was able to get take out meals and not have to worry about eating alone but could eat in my room or order room service.

Room Tip: The wifi was only free for conference goers I believe. I was on the 11 th floor which was a good vie...
Green Features: I was not aware of the hotel's environmentally friendly practices
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed the proximity of the hotel to the Greater Columbus Convention Center. I hope to have you with us again the next time your conference needs bring you to the Columbus area.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our youth group attended the Assembly of God National Fine Arts Convention and stayed at this location. The rooms were great and comfortable, the staff was above accomodating and the location(in the Columbus Convention Center) was super convenient. Pleanty of eating establishments, shops and recreation available within walking distance. Great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us while attending the Assemblies of God convention! I hope you will again choose Hyatt the next time you are in the area.
Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at the Columbus Hyatt in May 2014 for a business conference close-by. I made reservations via Hotwire, and got an excellent room that was beautifully appointed for less than $125/night. When I arrived, I was very disappointed that valet parking was $25/night, and the only alternative was $18/night at a garage a block away, so you're definitely trapped there.

Check-in was extremely easy, as I used the kiosk, and I had an excellent experience. The only other thing I felt was ridiculous was paying $9.95/day for internet. Seriously?? I can get it for free at McDonald's, but have to pay at the Hyatt? I've really become disenchanted by hotels that actually charge for internet access.

So, except for the parking fee and charging for internet, everything else was excellent!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I appreciate the constructive feedback regarding the charge for Wi-Fi and our Valet parking rates. I am very happy to hear that you had a smooth and easy check-in experience with our automated kiosks and enjoyed your accommodations. I hope you will stay with us again the next time your conference needs bring you to the area.
Wilsonville, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great check-in experience. Wil was cheerful, helpful and quick. The room surprised me-amenities that most hotels have done away with to save on cost(including large Aqua Fresh toothpaste). Great beds, clean and lots of room to spread out(room 2015). Sunrise view was gorgeous. Breakfast staff were also spot on and buffet was $17 but plentiful. No exec lounge here. The not so good: Room service stops at midnight. I called at 11:55ish and they let it ring. I complained and Chester at front desk offered me his grapes(again awesome front desk). The lounge was good for our very large group but one server, Chelsea, ignored all conversation and was not nice to anyone-never even smiled or looked at us. Chalk it up to a bad night I guess. Currently lots of construction around the hotel but noise was not an issue.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! It is nice to hear that we met and even exceeded your service expectations in select areas. I am sorry to hear that it was not the case in all of your interactions with our staff. Rest assured that your comments will be useful for further training our staff members. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and amenities. I hope to have you with us again the next time you are in Columbus.