“Just Average”

Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington
Ranked #93 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two nights when we were visiting family in the area. We were able to book the hotel via Priceline and it made it a very good deal. Without the $58 price I don't think I'd have been happy.

The rooms are remodeled and comfortable, but as others have said the air conditioners are LOUD. So loud that we couldn't hear our normal level tv when the air conditioner would kick on. Doors to the hallway have large cracks and everything can be heard in the hallway. Bathrooms seemed kind of dirty around the tiles behind the toilet, caulking around the shower, etc.

Regarding housekeeping: Our room wasn't cleaned until late in the day (4PM ish) which surprised me. We did ask for more pillows on the first night we were there and they were promptly delivered.

The gym was updated and quite nice. There is also a nice jogging path in the back of the property that we used that was a nice place to exercise.

There is a Giant Eagle (grocery store) that's a quick drive (less than a mile) that the hotel can give you directions to. It was nice to get lunch items there.

Overall it was fine for Priceline but I just wasn't overly impressed with that was supposed to be 3.5 stars that Priceline claims. I'd rate it 3 stars at best.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank MissMarried
Steve P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments and for staying with us at the Crowne Plaza Columbus North. I was very happy to hear that you found the hotel comfortable as we recently completed a large renovation of the hotel and all guest rooms. I did want to apologize for the issues with your air conditioner as well as Housekeeping not cleaning your room until later in the day. I will make sure your concerns are addressed with the department heads and use your comments to help us suceed in our goal of providing a great stay to all of our guests.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I originally booked four nights but had to cut my stay short because of the room. The bed was horrible - the springs creaked and the mattress sagged. The room we got on the third floor had loud freeway sounds. The comforter was stained. Internet is not part of the room rate and is charged additionally - though IMO that is not really a bad thing since many hotels with free internet tend to have slow internet. The TV in the room was fairly small. There was no minifridge provided in the room. The hallways smell bad, and there was a weird smell in our bathroom. The service was excellent though - they cancelled the remaining nights of our reservation without much fuss!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Dear joshchang,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We appreciate the compliments on our staff service. We strive to provide impeccable customer service and accommodations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any difficulties that you may have encountered during your stay with us particularly with the room accommodations and amenities received. Your comments are important to us to ensure we are constantly focused on improving our service and we hope we can demonstrate to you our commitment to value and service.

Again, we are grateful for your valuable feedback. Shall your travels bring you to the area again we hope for the opportunity to provide you a quality stay with us all around.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I was in town for some business work and the Crowne Plaza was just in the per diem rate I was allowed as a Gov employee. I was impressed with the bathroom and overall cleanliness of the room which was outstanding, however there was an odd smell in the hallway next to the door of my room. For those interested I stayed in room 316. According to my itinerary from DTS I was to have free internet for a FEDROOM in which the gal at the front desk had to investigate and eventually gave me the pass code. For all GOV employees considering this hotel they will not honor the tax exemption form your command gives you to give to them without a tax ID number. Pretty ridiculous because the room was booked on Defense Travel Site and they even had the invoice with FEDROOM on it and I payed with the Government Travel Card! For this reason alone I won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the remolded rooms and you will be happier.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Jeffery671,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered during your stay with us. We deeply regret that your stay with us was not what you expected. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Dhan M

Reviewed 31 July 2013

The location is good. Easy to get into and out of. Food in onsite restaurant wasn't quality at all. Bar tender was great at onsite bar. Prices were a little high but we didn't have to drive. Hotel website says newly remodeled. Well only 1/2 of the campus is remodeled the rest is vintage at best. Old, worn, smelly and dirty. The bar tender told us what they remodeled was done well and we agree but they ran out of money 1/2 way through. Our room and side had not been remodeled. Only had 4 small pillows on a king size bed. My wife needs 4 pillows minimum. LOL. I have enclosed pics of the door facing where you can see no finish on end, and the door had been jimmed to get in. The bathroom black mold, the water damage in the main room, a wall where they wall papered over the holes without fixing. When we got into the room 5 out of 8 light bulbs were out. Had to call maint man to come fix so we could read anything.
We felt safe at all times. I'm sure this could be a great property and it looks like they are trying. We would stay here again but I would ask for a remodeled room. We just expected a Crowne Plaza to be more upscale than a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express and it wasn't.

Room Tip: ask for a remodeled room. Mon/Tue are MEP's days for kids going in military
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear golfnfire26,

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed here for a week. We booked it from Hotwire. we were happy with deal but when we went there we learned that internet is not free ($8 per day). But Lady was courteous to provide . We requested for Fridge that was also $10 per day. Adding all those charges, it was same as original price of room. another problem is if we book it from third party (Hot wire) you don get rewards. which was fine but something to keep in mind.
Also staying there for week was difficult, Rooms are not big enough to stay. Also they have only one microwave (Near reception) So running down to heat something is not convenient. that makes it difficult for long term. (Even week)
House keeper didn't even bother to change towels, we had to ask to do that.
Location is isolated. nearest coffee is also 2 miles away. It is time consuming driving around for lunch / dinner.

I don't think we will go back.

Room Tip: Choose room which is not facing highway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Mandar D,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. he feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I have to start by saying that when my husband had originally booked this hotel as a stop over spot on our way back home from North Carolina I was quite excited. We were in for a long drive and had decided that staying in a "Nice Hotel" would be a great way to end what had been a great vacation, up until this point.

What we found was a bug infested sofa bed and Queen bed (the bugs were dead,Thank God). We complained to the front desk who quickly provided us with another room on a different floor. This change only brought more bugs, unfortunately they were alive. At this point I had had enough and refused to stay in this hotel a minute longer.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank richard C
Steve P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Values Guest,
I wanted to apologize for the issues that occurred while you were our guest. We do take a very aggressive approach to pest control as we have 50 rooms inspected by professionals each week as well as on-going training with our Housekeeping staff. I will most definitely review your comments with the responsible departments and thank you for taking the time to let me know.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We ended up at this hotel after bidding on Priceline. So we got a good deal and I can't complain. The entire staff offered fantastic service. The facility was lovely. However, in our circumstance as weary road travelers I would not have chosen this hotel. It is set up for business and conventions. No fridge, no tea, no internet in the room ( cost and extra $8.95 a night-crazy!) and no breakfast included. However, the pool area was very nice with a swim through for indoors to outdoors and the breakfast buffet though not free was good.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the freeway so are noisier.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Columbus North. I appreciate your wonderful comments about the fantastic service your experienced. We recently completed a renovation of the hotel and are very pleased you enjoyed the facility as well!

Steve

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
Courtyard Columbus Worthington
Sheraton Suites Columbus
Sheraton Suites Columbus
#52 of 144 in Columbus
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Residence Inn Columbus Worthington
Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington

Been to Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington? Share your experiences!