“Decent (if not exceptional) Crowne Plaza”

Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington
Ranked #92 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Nice hotel, as one might expect at a Crowne Plaza; maybe just worn enough to keep it from the top tier. Room was clean and comfortable, and the hotel has a nice bar off the lobby and nice indoor/outdoor pool. It's not far from a lot of other hotels (many of which have seen better days), but sufficiently removed from Dublin-Granville Road to make me feel safe.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jerry G
Steve P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Crowne Plaza Columbus North on Trip Advisor. Our property and brand goal is to exceed our guests expectations and I am pleased to hear about your wonderful stay. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Columbus.

Steve P

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed for 2 nights for classes held at the hotel. The hotel in general is nice although there are some items that could be addressed with a bit more attention to detail. As an example in my particular room the faucet in the bathtub leaked with a fairly steady stream of water despite my best efforts to shut it off. The vent in the bathroom was also covered with lint, dust, etc. And general items such as carpet stains, a couple marks on wall and bed cover. I never thought it to be a dirty room by any means and had a pleasant stay. But a few extra minutes of touchup in the room would have improved the over all experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Our VFW and Ladies Auxiliary Conference was booked at this hotel. There were a few hundred attending. We had 12 Hospitality rooms set up on the first floor in the conference room area. Most of the 12 districts had the larger rooms and some were set up in the small guest bedrooms. The smaller rooms were cramped and nowhere to sit.
The Veterans held their meetings in the large room attached to the building. The Ladies Auxiliary had their meetings in the ballroom. Any joint functions were held in the ballroom.
My guest room was a king room with a sofa. The room was clean. Loved the soap in the bathroom. The bed was just ok as far as comfort. The king sheets didn't fit very well. When checking in, which was quick and friendly, we asked for a fridge since the rooms don't come with them. Housekeeping brought one up and set it up for us. The lighted magnifying mirror in the bathroom was a nice touch. The heavy drapes on the window were good for keeping out the cold since the temps were in the single digits all weekend. Only a couple problems: The shower rod was drooping in the middle which made it hard to keep the curtain pulled to the ends of the rod. The other problem: I couldn't lift the drain stopper in the sink to plug the drain. I put a washcloth over the drain when rinsing my contacts. Both problems were turned in at the desk when checking out.
Even though there was food in our 12 hospitality rooms(we provide our own food), a group of us ate in the restaurant one afternoon. Everyone's food was very good. A few of us visited the bar a couple nights and Brian was very friendly and great bartender!
I was at this hotel for 3 nights as were most of the other attendees. With the long hallways, we all got our exercise going from meetings, hospitality rooms, and our guest rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife and I try to get away every year to celebrate our anniversary. Because of scheduling conflict, this year we did not go far from home. We booked this hotel on Priceline with the name your own price, and are very happy with the value of this hotel at the price we paid. The hotel has been renovated and feels very clean. Everyone was very helpful and did everything they could to make our anniversary stay a memorable one. Some people say that they don't like the fact that the hotel is a little distant from restaurants and shopping, but I like the fact that you feel slightly secluded.

This was our second stay at this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again when we are in the area.

If you like to gamble, the new Hollywood Casino is about 20 min away and is very nice. Shopping at Polaris and Easton are also only a short drive away.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wolffpack14
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Location. That’s the reason I chose this property. There are amenities nearby but the location is certainly a business park. The staff was helpful. My room was nice and, again, older doesn’t mean bad but you will find the updates to be nice but the bones remain the same. Everything was clean and that will always be key. The halls are brightly lit. The pool was very nice as was the spa. The sign outside the baths in the pool area said they are being renovated. That will be nice since they need it. Breakfast in the morning was to be a complementary buffet because of my rewards level. The buffet wasn’t ready at 7:00 (I came in at 7:30) but was allowed to order off the menu. That was fine with me! I enjoyed my stay and have already made reservations to return on my way home.

Room Tip: I had a room on an upper floor and it was wonderful.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in December 2013 for business. It is clean and spacious, the beds are very comfortable, and the bathrooms are adequate. The internet access is not included, and costs $9 a night which is a little disappointing, since most high quality hotels provide it for free. The breakfast buffet is OK, but not great. This hotel is nice, but isn't great value.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear js2222,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We are pleased you did enjoy your clean, spacious room and comfortable bed.

We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have gotten this hotel many times through Priceline bids and it is always a disappointment. Even with some so-called remodeling, the decor is cheap and unattractive. Room amenities, bed linens, towels, furnishings, etc. are cheap and more appropriate for a much lower star level. General cleanliness in the rooms and public areas is below acceptable. Noise from the interstate was loud. There was snow and ice during my stay and very little attention was given to snow removal and safety. Parking is always a problem due to hotel events. I have never eaten in the restaurant as it is highly overpriced. There is very little in the way of restaurants near the hotel. The staff was polite but not especially friendly or warm.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank girlwithmap1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear girlwithmap1,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering a world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
Courtyard Columbus Worthington
Sheraton Suites Columbus
Sheraton Suites Columbus
#52 of 143 in Columbus
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Residence Inn Columbus Worthington
Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington

Been to Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington? Share your experiences!