I wondered if we were at a Crowne hotel when we arrived and there were only two front desk employees working during the peak check in time. We checked in and were told where to find the elevators but nothing about the facility itself. The bellman was standing inside the lobby area, yet I never saw him offer to assist anyone with their luggage. Guess he was just there for appearance sake.
We stepped off the elevator and were able to locate our room quickly by the pair of discarded socks laying beside the doorway. (They remained there throughout the night despite the fact that the night shift auditor placed the checkout ledger under our door.)
The ceiling in the room had a water drip near the masonry joint and the bathroom door.
The decor appeared to be recently remodeled however it still felt cramped and dated.
We stepped on the elevator to go down to the lobby ( a key card is required to operate). When it arrived at our floor, a maintenance person was on the elevator. I pressed the lobby button and he immediately pulled out his maintenance card, overriding my selection, and took us for a ride to the 7th floor. Hmmm.....doesnt sound like Crowne customer service.
The facility is quite secure....room key required to operate the elvator, signage reminding you not to leave valuables in your car, entrances/exits in the parking lot chained off to the point you wondered what kind of area we were staying in.
We could talk about the dust on the air conditioners in the hallway, the musty smell of the hallway, the wood trim missing from doors, or the potato bug found in the bed in the morning.... but there is only so much to say.
I will admit that the management does ask for the customer to share any concerns with them, but I really feel that if I need to tell you what is in need of attention at your facility, then maybe the management team needs to get out of the office and observe for themselves.
This hotel seems to be a nine story mid range hotel at best.Not the quality nor attention to detail that one would expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Columbus North provides all of the amenities needed to ensure that your stay is perfect including more than 60 HDTV channels, wired and wireless high-speed Internet, all new Precor fitness center as well as a 24-hour business center. We are located north of Columbus and complimentary shuttle service is available to any location within a 4 mile radius. We are within a few miles of Polaris Fashion Mall, Easton Town Center and Tuttle Mall. I-71 is easily accessible to visit the Ohio Expo Center & State Fairgrounds (Ohio State Fair) and Columbus Crew Stadium. We are close to The Ohio State University, home of the Buckeyes and the Horseshoe (OSU Football Stadium) as well as the Jerome Schottenstein Center. Additional nearby attractions include golf at Muirfield Village Golf Club, home of the PGA Memorial Golf Tournament, the Columbus Zoo, Franklin Park Conservatory and COSI. With over 20,000 square feet of meeting space, the Crowne Plaza Columbus North can accommodate large groups up to 1,000 people. We'll make your weddings, conference or banquet memorable! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington Ohio