This hotel looks "old" from the outside. It's also in a rogher area of the City - one exit South of 270 where it was once "the area" to be in....back in 1988. Inside? It's been updated and is in good repair. The lobby is nice and clean. The rooms have been updated, but you can tell it's an older hotel - bathroom is small and cramped, as an example. Still, it's clean and updated, though. The gym is very nice for a hotel gym. Lots of cardio choices; weight machines and then even free weights. Very nice option to have in a hotel. I decided to eat at the bar that evening. Bryan took excellent care of me - his service was excellent; almost as good as the food, frankly. Very nice surprise for a hotel meal.
The negative? Wifi is not free. What? That's ridiculous in this day in age. That sort of nickle and diming is what drives people away. The elevator would not stop on the second floor. Seems odd, but if you faced the elevators, the one on the right would not stop on floor two. There is no bfast served in the morning. The offering they have was expensive and I skipped it. Perhaps it would have been as good as dinner, but the price point was too high to chance it for me.
I got the hotel on Priceline for about 65% of what they wanted on their website. So, a good value at that price; however, if you add in wifi and bfast, it's not a value at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Columbus North provides all of the amenities needed to ensure that your stay is perfect including more than 60 HDTV channels, wired and wireless high-speed Internet, all new Precor fitness center as well as a 24-hour business center. We are located north of Columbus and complimentary shuttle service is available to any location within a 4 mile radius. We are within a few miles of Polaris Fashion Mall, Easton Town Center and Tuttle Mall. I-71 is easily accessible to visit the Ohio Expo Center & State Fairgrounds (Ohio State Fair) and Columbus Crew Stadium. We are close to The Ohio State University, home of the Buckeyes and the Horseshoe (OSU Football Stadium) as well as the Jerome Schottenstein Center. Additional nearby attractions include golf at Muirfield Village Golf Club, home of the PGA Memorial Golf Tournament, the Columbus Zoo, Franklin Park Conservatory and COSI. With over 20,000 square feet of meeting space, the Crowne Plaza Columbus North can accommodate large groups up to 1,000 people. We'll make your weddings, conference or banquet memorable! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington Ohio