I stayed here recently, and what I will say is that this is a very dated hotel that has been updated as much as possible without a total gutting. But you do get the feeling that you are in an older hotel. Our room was large, but the bathroom was quite small.
The cosmetic efforts are not all for naught. It's just that they don't fool anyone. The location is good, just a couple of blocks from the state capitol. I wasn't at all impressed with the three restaurant choices that I was told were nearby, but the "Short North" district is a half-mile or so away with lots of dining choices.
When shopping for a room I considered Hilton and Marriott, and the ones downtown are likely a cut above this one. But you have to pay! For example, on the night we stayed the only other reasonable hotel was the Courtyard, about a half-mile to the south. It was $149 per night plus $23 for parking. The Holiday Inn was $129 plus $10 for parking. I suspect the Courtyard is a little bit better, but for me I didn't think it was worth the extra money. The Courtyard was the cheapest of the other options.
I booked this hotel with the IHG app on my phone, and was given the option to pay with 15,000 points instead of cash. I chose that option as it was a great deal. And overall that is what I would say about this hotel. There are better hotels out there, but this one is a good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that downtown Columbus has to offer at the convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capitol Square. You are at the heart of everything; shopping, dining, entertainment and the arts. You are within a short distance of German Village, Short North Arts District, The Arena District, the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets, and the new Huntington Park, home of the Columbus Clippers. We offer a complimentary airport shuttle to get you back and forth to John Glenn International Airport, just 8 miles away. The Capital building, Federal building, Grant Hospital, Children's Hospital, and Nationwide are all less than five minutes away. The hotel is ideally situated whether you are traveling on business or pleasure. The professional and friendly staff of this Columbus hotel is waiting to make your stay away from home as comfortable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square Ohio