“Nice hotel all around” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice hotel all around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

Stayed here over labor day weekend so we could go to a Clippers game. Was only about a 10-15 minute walk to the ballpark. The hotel was nice, the staff was nice, nothing really to complain about. Only drawback i can think of is they try to get $10 to park so we just used meters out front (but had to wake up at 8 AM to feed the meter). Breakfast isnt included but looked good. The rooms are clean and nice. Would stay here again.

G Man

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Lorain, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

Hotel staff was very nice and Hotel was clean and comfortable. Everyone we came in contact with was very friendly and helpful . My teen daughter and I came to Columbus area for a show at the Ohio theather... The Hotel shuttled us to the venue and picked us up after the performance... I only have good things to say about this Hotel and if in the area again will stay there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Point Pleasant, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

Ok, Im an IHG employee so we own the Holiday Inn name brand and I've stayed at this hotel before with no complaints, but this time was different. I made the reservation two days prior to going to columbus and knew I would be a late arrival, so I called the hotel directly and told the night desk clerk NOT to cancel my reservation that I would be late and he said he would pass on the Info. I wanted a two queen NON smoking room which 1-800-holiday told me I booked. This, however, was not the case upon arrival. The somewhat rude night auditor told me that all they had left was a double smoking room. This tells me that my original reservation was canceled. We excepted the changes and went to the room where we found the hotel to be very out dated. Im going to say that for a full service holiday inn. the holiday inn puts them to shame!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
raceland, ky 41169
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

I booked a room at this hotel for the weekend of July 4th for the convenience of getting to the fireworks. When I made the reservation...I was told that there would be a shuttle to take us to the fireworks.. and that he hotel was only 2 blocks from where they were letting off the fireworks....I was told that it was a non smoking hotel..Upon arrival...a couple in front of me asked for a smoking room...and they had one available for them...however when I called, I was told I was renting the last room they had available..I also needed to book a second room...We had another group coming(making our total 6) my friends had to move their reservation from the other hotel to be in the same hotel as us...there was not a shuttle available and the fireworks were a mile away(we had small children). I asked when they were serving breakfast...I was told it ended at 9:00(via whom I made reservation with)...at the desk was told 10:00 and there was a sign that said 11:00...total confusion. At 4 am Sat...they was an emergency alarm that sounded telling us to evacuate the building by the stairwell and do not use the elevators....there are 12 floors of people going down stairs into parking lot in pajamas...no one ever came out to tell us it was okay to re-enter...I will never stay there again. Period.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2010

I was a little nervous about booking this hotel. I had read the reviews before I booked and with some reviews being not so good made me very uneasy. We checked in the staff was very courteous and nice. The room was great very clean! Later that evening my sister and I had coffee, and dessert in the hotel restaurant again the staff was great and the cake was wonderful. My kids used the pool and said it was very warm and clean they had a good time. The beds and the pillows were very comfortable we slept wonderfully! When we checked out the staff was very nice, I expected to have to pay the $10.00 parking fee, but to my surprise the front desk told me i didn't have to!! I would definitly book a room in this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

This hotel is located in downtown Columbus within easy walking distance of all restaurants and nightlife. The public areas are pleasant and the rooms are fine. Breakfast was not included in the price and we chose to eat out. We stayed over the 4th July holidays and came back to find our room uncleaned and with the beds left unmade. I complained to the receptionist and received that night free. For the price you cannot beat the location and we would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Cincinnati
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2010

Our team stayed here for a tournament at the convention center. The website advertises a free shuttle to the convention center. Upon arrival we found out it's an airport shuttle and is only available if no one needs it for an airport run-not very dependable transportation. When we checked in, we were given a room that was already occupied-to the surprise of the guest already in the room. When we got to the 2nd room assignment, there was an empty water bottle on the floor so that brought a question to mind as to the cleanliness of the room. The room outlet plugs did not work. We had to prop up our cell phone plugs with sample lotion and shampoo bottles so they would stay in the outlets. Shower pressure was terrible and we couldn't get hot water in the sink tap. Our team was also told breakfast was served at 6am. We had to be at the convention center at 7am, so many members of our team went down at 6:15am for breakfast only to be told that it was served at 7am. The front desk apologized and gave the girls a bag with a bottle of water and a bag of potato chips instead-breakfast of champions! At checkout, I expressed our concerns to the manager and she took one night stay off which I appreciated. However, I would not stay at this hotel in the future. It looks like it's been updated aesthetically, but not in the areas where it needs (plumbing and electrical).

• Stayed February 2010