“One of the worst experiences in my life”

Red Roof Inn Columbus West
Ranked #81 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
“One of the worst experiences in my life”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was charged twice of my room and proved it on multiple occasions to the front desk and Red Roof in Corporate and they have done nothing. Hotel was lousy and had dirty rooms, AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else than here
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Seth C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wiehle, VA
Reviewed 19 May 2014

... and it shows!

This review started out as a 4-star. Until I noticed trash in the landings from the previous evening still there the following evening. And, on my second evening, when I killed a roach that was crawling up one of the walls in my room (#207). Were a 1/2 star available, this would've been a 1 1/2 star review, The front desk staff is the only redeeming feature about this place.

The carpeting is worn and needs replacement. Also, my non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke.

The sleep quality was OK. However, the front desk service was excellent. I had several problems crop-up and they cheerfully and quickly helped me.

Pity that having a property to be proud of seems to always jack-up the cost. However, this place needs a lot of help.

Also, this was the first Red Roof Inn I've stayed at in all my years of travel. It might also be my last. I think this place has a future for it as yet another "Knights Inn" or "America's Best Value Inn"...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is the BEST Red Roof I've ever stayed in. Super clean! Nice staff! Pleasant all around!! Our Housekeeper "Monica" had a wonderful sense of "attention to detail". Jeff at the front desk was extremely pleasant and helpful. I choose Red Roof due to the Redi-Card points and because they have so many locations in areas that I frequent. This location is by far the best!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sheryl M
RaviGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus West, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for the kind words, i will share this with Monica and Jeff and reward them for their excellent service. We are glad to hear you had a great stay. Thank You!

Ravi
Point Pleasant
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We were in Columbus to eat and shop with no intention of spending any extra time in the room. Wanted something reasonable and clean. This property was just fine for our needs. Room was little musty when entered but shortly after fan on was fine. Seemed clean but as most older hotels bath slightly dated but knew what we were buying. Little conversation with desk except internet information that worked fine. Property was well lit so did not feel security an issue. Would have no problem staying there again if wanted to be on that side of Columbus.

Room Tip: Had room on first floor but did not notice undue noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Annette B
RaviGM, Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus West, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Hey Annette,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, we appreciate it greatly. I'll make sure to let my team know to leave the fans running, now that it's getting warm out. So this does not happen in the Rooms. Thank you so much for your comments.

Ravi
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Every time I'm in the area for work, I usually stay at this Red Roof Inn because it has always been clean and it was very affordable. Well, on this most recent visit, the rooms were updated with new paint, new lcd tv, and slightly different layout. Even though it's close to the expressway, I have never had issues with noise. The mini fridge worked great and the microwave was clean inside. There's no shortage of eats, shopping, supermarkets in the area so I find it an ideal location because my trips usually last for at least a few days.
One thing I did notice was the floor wasn't vacuumed very well when the maid had made the room. Hopefully it was a one time incident and not a common occurrence. Regardless, I won't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
RaviGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus West, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed you stay and thank you for letting us know about the floors, i will make sure to have a meeting with my team to see how we can fix this, so it does not happen in the future.

Thanks You
Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed at the hotel a total of 4 nights. I was VERY satisfied with my experience. In addition to being extra clean, the fresh updates, new fixtures, new refrigerator, and new micro wave made my stay so much more enjoyable and healthy. There is a Meijer, Walmart, and many placed to eat within reasonable walking distance.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Roy S
Cumberland, Maryland
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We were very happy with all aspects of our stay here. The rooms appear to be completely refurbished. Very VERY clean. Extremely helpful and pleasant staff. Close to too many restaurants to count. My wife said the bed was the most comfortable she'd been in. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family