“Decent motel, I would stay there again”

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
Ranked #32 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This motel is not bad. Just your typical motel. The rooms were clean and smelled good (especially considering it is a pet friendly motel). I liked that there was not a pet fee. The internet was horrible. I had to use my phone as a modem the whole weekend. The cable channels suck too. There are not many channels and not hardly any of the major cable channels in the ones they do have. The beds were pretty comfortable and the motel is close to restaurants, OSU campus and shopping. It was very convenient for the event we were attending and I would stay there again if we had to go back to the area for an event. Just don't expect anything fancy.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are easier if you have a lot of luggage or want to be able to park right by your...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Not fancy but close to major activities. Rooms average and clean,basic economy hotel with nothing special. Courteous staff that was a plus and they were there for any needs. Non-smoking room smelled like it was not always a non-smoking room but was clean.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2011

In covering the 2011 Big Ten Tournament in Columbus, Ohio, I had the opportunity to stay at the Red Roof Inn on the campus of Ohio State University. It was an enjoyable stay and I have no real complaints about the hotel. Despite being skeptical of the value Red Roof Inn chain, the hotel actually was decent. Both of the beds in the room were clean and made for a decent night of sleep. The bathroom was fairly small but was large enough to do what a traveler needs to do. The room has free high-speed internet, allowing travelers to get work done in the room. The hotel is close to the highway to get to downtown Columbus and also is located near several restaurants with convenient hours for most people. Overall, the stay was decent and I would stay again if I had to.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DillonDavis
Reviewed 8 July 2011

where to begin. ok lets start with the first room they gave us the room was way beyond nastythe floors were very dirty and the toilet had crap in it yes i mean human crap. I figured i would just flush it and it would be ok well that didn't work the toilet almost overflowed and it stunk so bad, so we got moved to another room the draw was broken and the a/c had ice on it. I called the front desk the guy came up and looked at it and said we will credit you $10.00 and give you another room. the 3rd room was ok if u like Pizza Hut wings, pasta and pizz under your bed dated 7/1/11. where they had patched a hole before it was cracking really bad and the chips was falling on the floor. I was told i would be credited another $10 bucks to my card may stay was July 5 2011. i STILL HAVE YET TO GET MY MONEY THEY PROMISED!!!!!! This place is more for College kids OR people who don't care about clean rooms. P.S I use to work in house keeping and if my girls ever left a room that dirty they would be wrote up and made to go back and clean it. I have won the White glove award 4 times for how clean my rooms were no dust not dust not trash.

Room Tip: go futher North for better rooms such as near the airport.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank justtammy
Reviewed 15 June 2011

The location of this motel is convenient for events at Ohio State University. Otherwise, there is little to recommend it, except the reasonable price. Service was adequate, though no one went out of their way much. The room amenities were the bare essentials judging by today's standards. I had to ask for soap on the second morning, as none was left. The room had a very musty smell, perhaps because previous patrons had smoked in it, or maybe from some other source. When I noted this to the clerk at the desk, she said that the staff would spray the room to overlay the place with a good smell. No change was noted by us on our return, which may be just as well since it might not have been all that advisable to breath in whatever would have been sprayed. When we returned home, we had to run out clothing through the laundry to eradicate the smell. Of course, a motel can't monitor guests to make sure they don't smoke, and this problem is not all their fault. But such was the case for us, anyway. Other rooms are probably free of the smell.
All in all, this is an uninteresting place that could be of use in a pinch. But I'd try for something else before booking here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2011

From the time we arrived on the property, our experience was wonderful! Our first personal contact was with the desk clerk named James whose treatment of us was gracious, helpful, and enthusiastic (at 1:00 in the morning after a 12 hour drive). Monica kept our room in order, even bringing us warm towels right out of the dryer. Our room was excellent, exceeding our expectations. Other staff members were always so friendly and willing to help. We were pleased to meet the general manager, Ken, who was professional and personable. We felt like he truly appreciated our being there.

Room Tip: Easily accessible to downtown sites.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2011

I didn't have alot of extra money so we had to go with a more economically priced hotel. I couldn't believe how nice the people were that worked there! If we had any needs what so ever we just asked and with in a few minutes we had someone at our door! I expected to have to run around or call a few times at least wait a 1/2 hour but that was not the case at all. I was very pleased and the family that was with me (who are hard to please) were very pleased as well. I will be going there again next year! Loved the price and the service, beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean and the hotel was near everything. Also when we had to cut our trip a day early we got a prompt refund and a great attitude from the clerk she didn't make me feel bad at all ....Wonderful experiance for some really exhausted people!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business