Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
Ranked #30 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Mundelein, Il
“Okay hotel”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed one night in Columbus for the Drake concert at Schottenstein Center. Location was perfect for what I needed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean but a little run down. The room also had an overwhelming cigarette smell. If I came back to Columbus for I would consider staying again if the price is right.

• Stayed February 2012
RedRoof009, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I'm glad to hear that you consider staying with us again. I do apologize for the cigarette odor in your room. We are actually trying out a new odor eliminator to resolve that issue.
Stephanie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Atlanta
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Good: location near OSU and Riverside Hospital. near Kroger and several restaurants - e.g. Applebees and McDonalds. Good price. No fitness room or business center but they let you use their computer to print boarding pass. pleasant front desk. Can't hear noise from adjoining rooms. Shower pressure decent.
Not so good: room needs updating. Very basic extras - shampoo but no conditioner. kleenex - a little plastic package. Sheets threadbare. Towels are horrible - rough as loofah! They should throw all of them out and buy new! No breakfast bar. Saturday night is noisy - college students yelling outside til 1am.
You may know that Columbus and Ohio have notorious bed bug problem, including hotels in this area. Red Roof Inn has no reports of bed bugs and I saw no evidence of any - good peace of mind!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Laraby
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay at the Columbus OSU property was. I appreciate you noting the positive experiences you had as well as the not so goods so that I can make the necessary improvements on my property to improve future stays.

Thanks
Steph
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed here after attending a concert at the Schottenstein Arena. It was the perfect location! It's not fancy, but it has everything you need.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Columbus OSU property. Thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to see you again.

Thanks
Steph
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I came here for a relaxing weekend where I was going to go see the Columbus Blue Jackets play hockey. I made my reservation online and was very impressed by the price given the location. Then when I came I was impressed by the location and the room! From my room I was a straight shot to three different restaurants, two bars and even a bowling alley, which made my Saturday night entertainment a cinch! I was a couple of steps away from a bus stop which took me downtown for the game. And the cleanliness of the place made things easy for me to love this hotel! Cleanliness, security and comfort are three things that I look for in a hotel, and because of all three I can guarantee my return! The only real issue I had was my alarm clock, but one phone call to the front desk gave me what I needed to fix the issue! In short, I was impressed to the gills by this hotel and like I mentioned I will be returning real soon! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Woodsfield, Ohio
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My husband and I stay here frequently. Great service and managment! Our daughter attends OSU and we get discounted rates. This facility is ideally located to interstate and restaurants along with Kroger grocery store. The staff is so accommodating to all of one's needs. I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: Room 111 and 113
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris C
Keflavik, Iceland
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I made my reservation on kayak.com - and the most important factor for choosing this hotel was price (this Red Roof was the least expensive in the area). The location *is*, indeed, amazing (walking distance to OSU, and there is a Kroger grocery store and some fast-food restaurants nearby).
The girl at the reception desk was very pleasant and efficient.
The room exceeded my expectations - it was incredibly clean! not a speck of lint on the carpet! Sinks and shower were sparkling as well. Water in the shower drains well.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Necator N
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Great hotel for the price. It is not the nicest hotel in the world, but you get what you pay for. It was a better stay than i thought it would be and the staff was very friendly. I will be back.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo